TTR 230

zukijames

I've decided to hold off on a new bike tell next season but I'm curious about ttr 230s. There cheap not to heavy, I think fairly low geared

But I haven't seen anyone in here talking about them are they just not enough bike for most ? I'd think it would be a great trail/ single track bike

sixstringsteve

They're great trail bikes, but pretty heavy. (about 30 lbs heavier than your xr). So the extra 30cc's may not feel tons faster due to the extra weight. There are newer, higher tech bikes out there, but the TTR's are really workhorses.

glockman rides a ttr250 and he smokes just about everyone on the trail. He's a great rider.

glockman

I hate Jeep trucks
I love TTR's. Like Steve said, I ride a TTR 250. My dad is pretty short and rides a 230. He rides hobblecreek single track twice a week. His bike has been awesome and is the reason I bought my 250. They aren't fast and they aren't light but they are cheap and work really great for a trail bike. I have a 2008 yz 450 and I ride my ttr way more. I guess you could say I'm pro TTR.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

glockman

I hate Jeep trucks
I think anyone who can ride up AF with their dog on the bike should be able to ride any bike pretty well. I love that pic you posted. I have an Aussie and if my wife ever say you with your dog I would have to train mine to do the same.

jeeper

I live my life 1 dumpster at a time
We have a ttr230. It's a chick bike for sure. The suspension is not up to par. It's straight from the 70's. very low geared, I will be going UP one on the front for first upgrades. We have only had it a short time, and I have not had it on a trail yet... But can give a report once I have.

glockman

I hate Jeep trucks
My opinion is that you really need at least 10 different bikes built for different purposes. But since none of us are the Federal Government with limitless funds you have to pick and choose. My TTR is really old technology. It sucks on open trails with whoops or big G outs. On anything fast or more open I Love my YZ 450. But on Hobble Creek single track my 450 sucks and my TTR is awesome. If you ride trails like AF and Hobble Creek and don't go out into the deser or on MX tracks a TTR 230 would rock. It's like building a Jeep with 5.13 gears and 39" sticky's and then expecting it to be a nice freeway vehicle. You have to pick what you will use it for and buy for that purpose.

jentzschman

So far my YZ has been a great all around bike. As I continue to tweak setting, ie jetting and suspension, the bike keeps getting better.

Ideally it would be best to have at least 2 bikes, IMHO. One for trail riding and one for more open/desert/night type riding. What you gain in one, you lack in the other.

glockman

I hate Jeep trucks
So far my YZ has been a great all around bike. As I continue to tweak setting, ie jetting and suspension, the bike keeps getting better.

Ideally it would be best to have at least 2 bikes, IMHO. One for trail riding and one for more open/desert/night type riding. What you gain in one, you lack in the other.

But then you need and adventure bike, a street cruiser, a 4T and 2T version of said trail and track bikes, a snow bike, a sand dunes bike and a trials bike. See it is closer to 10 than you think:)