Tucson AZ Thought?

Gawynz

A job opportunity has come up for me to work in Tucson, AZ and I'm curious if anyone here has opinions/experience on the area other than, "hot as hell"? Thanks.

85CUCVKRAWLER

Having spent a good amount of time in Phoenix most of my life, there is no salary high enough to convince me to live in that part of the country.

Its great in the winter months as it never gets below 60 degrees. But for 6 months out of the year it like living on Venus. Everywhere you go youre getting blasted by garden hose water from misters. Also. its not generally a "nice" area either. Both Tucson and Phoenix have their share of ghettos and crime similar to a standard democratic run city.

johngottfredson

Threat Level Midnight
A job opportunity has come up for me to work in Tucson, AZ and I'm curious if anyone here has opinions/experience on the area other than, "hot as hell"? Thanks.
My sister in law hated it for the 4 years she lived there. And she’s from Vegas…so…it must not be great

Tonkaman

I think the problem with warm/dry areas is that it’s been too attractive to the homeless population for too long. I haven’t spent a ton of time in the area, but it seems pretty ghetto.

That being said there are always exceptions. I’m sure there are plenty of nice suburbs. Maybe it’s worth looking along a quick weekend or trip down to scope it out.

J-mobzz

I used to cover Tucson as part of my sales territory, and I spent a fair amount of time there. I actually like it much more than Phoenix, like other say there are trashy parts but there’s definitely a lot of nicer parts, including a lot of resorts. I think a lot of the landscapes surrounding Tucson actually pretty cool also. Like most have mentioned , it’s incredibly hot in the summertime. it wouldn’t be my choice of place to retire, but the right job opportunity could take me there for 3 to 5 years.

DAA

Supporting Member
Me and my daughter went to Phoenix last summer for a concert. We never want to go back for any reason ever. The concert was great. But Phoenix sucked. The weather was shitty, the traffic was shitty, the food was shitty, the hotel was shitty and the people were shitty. We really hated that place.

- DAA

Houndoc

My brother and his family lived there for something like 7 years. They liked is a lot, his daughter moved back to AZ after graduating from USU and his wife likes to visit as often as possible.

I only went down once while he was there and the deserts outside the city are neat.

Hickey

Burn-barrel enthusiast
Supporting Member
I like to visit Arizona. Tucson and Phoenix absolutely sucked to drive in. I could maybe live in the Sierra Vista area or northeastern AZ.

N-Smooth

Smooth Gang Founding Member
I have coworkers in Phoenix and Tucson. They talk all kinds of trash on our weather during winter and how wonderful it is there. They get real quiet about it during summer though...

I know Tucson isn’t as hot as Phx but still.

Kevin B.

Not often wrong. Never quite right.
I like to visit Arizona. Tucson and Phoenix absolutely sucked to drive in. I could maybe live in the Sierra Vista area or northeastern AZ.
Flagstaff/Sedona area is super neat. Too bad I'll never afford to live there.

Corban_White

I’m thinking more Cottonwood and Prescott. Maybe Show Low or Springerville.
I'm halfway between all of those. It's pretty nice here. :D

Can't comment on Tucson though, I haven't been there in 20 years. However, comparing it to Phoenix isn't really fair. It is an hour and 45 min away, ~1500' higher elevation and 1/5 the population (metro area). The weather is a bit warmer than the SLC area, but not by a lot like Phoenix. Saying you've been to Phoenix and didn't like it so Tucson must suck is like saying you've been to Provo so you know what it's like in Price.

1722430608403.png

1722430640571.png