Tuff Country Lift?

Nagrom

A friend of mine can get me a really good deal on a Tuff Country lift. So I was curious what everyone thought of them and what the best combination would be to get? I'm picking it up for the my 96 cherokee.

Caleb

well, it is a start (if you are stock right now) however after running one for a few years I will say they are pretty big pieces of crap...the first few months it seemed to be fine but since then it continued to get stiffer and stiffer (like the coils work hardened)...and the rear uses blocks which suck. Like I said, its something and thats better than nothing but if you have to pay for it I would pass even if its a REAL good deal...save your pennies for a nice lift like a Rubicon Express...

Nagrom

Supergper said:
well, it is a start (if you are stock right now) however after running one for a few years I will say they are pretty big pieces of crap...the first few months it seemed to be fine but since then it continued to get stiffer and stiffer (like the coils work hardened)...and the rear uses blocks which suck. Like I said, its something and thats better than nothing but if you have to pay for it I would pass even if its a REAL good deal...save your pennies for a nice lift like a Rubicon Express...
I've heard so many different opinions on Tuff country I don't know what to think. But if a rubicon is indeed that much better I'll wait. I agree, theirs no point in waisting money on a crappy lift. Oh, and yes I am Stock on my XJ, and I bought it just to build into my recreation vehicle so I'm not planning on half ars'n anything. Thanks for the input!

xj beef

xj beef
My Buddy Had A Tuff Country Lift And He Hated It ! They Are Just A Cheap Way To Get Your Jeep In The Air ,and If That Is All You Want Then That Is All You Need. But If Your Going Off Road Id Say Bag It And Go With Somthin Else.

Nagrom

xj beef said:
My Buddy Had A Tuff Country Lift And He Hated It ! They Are Just A Cheap Way To Get Your Jeep In The Air ,and If That Is All You Want Then That Is All You Need. But If Your Going Off Road Id Say Bag It And Go With Somthin Else.
Yeah, Deal or not I'll wait and get a better lift! Thanks for the help guys. :D