Tweel

benjy

Rarely wrenches
Supporting Member
I stumbled across an article about the "tweel" today. Could this be the future of offroad vehicles as well :ugh: ?

tweel-airless-tire-3.jpg

Herzog

somewhat damaged
Admin
I'd try a set, just for fun.

The problem I can already see is that they would have to be specifically designed to be so much softer for rock crawling, making them practically useless for on-road driving. And you don't get the benefit of "tuning" the pressure for more/less contact off-road.

spencurai

Vanilla Gorilla
Can you imagine how big of a pain in the ass it would be to clean out those things if you went through a mud puddle and then needed to get on the highway? It would pack up with crap and throw off the balance instantaneously!

WORST....IDEA......EVER!

Amy

Limited Supply Of Sanity
I think its great to have new ideas out there. Maybe someone or company will take that idea and build on it making it more of a reality for the everyday consumer! Anything possible! :)

M

muddyjeep

The interesting thing about is the tweel is that police cant use spike strips on them .

benjy

Rarely wrenches
Supporting Member
Back from the dead! Saw these at Escape Motorsports yesterday while acting all googly-eyed over a 300xcw.

They've probably been out for awhile, I'm usually pretty late to this kind of stuff :p

tweel1.jpg

tweel2.jpg