U4 and Constrictor

Badger

I am the Brute squad
ok all the people that say they want to help!!! so you want to help then inform U4WDA you want their help in getting this started as well as asking them to help with the contacting the BLM to have everything go right on the clean up as far as getting the go on fencing and signs

contact and give your thougths to U4WDA

Last edited:

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor
We are already in the middle of negotiations with the BLM as I have posted on here and on U4x4 Club, feel free to send comments to our website but we ARE working on it... The BLM doesn't move as fast as we do ;)

Plan a cleanup, execute it and make it happen... no BLM approval needed for that.

That being said we ALWAYS need help on the U4 end of things, we could use a service project liason to handle this and other projects!

PS, I assume you are both current U4 members right ;) :D... afterall if you don't have $10 to support us, then its hard (if not impossible) for us to support you ;)

Meat_

Banned
cruiseroutfit said:
...PS, I assume you are both current U4 members right ;) :D... afterall if you don't have $10 to support us, then its hard (if not impossible) for us to support you ;)

Of course.

It's not really dirty, one person with 5 minutes and a bag would have it spotless. What is really needed is the bypasses closed and new signs

Last edited:

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor
Sweet...

To give you a quick update on the status...

The BLM is currently revising the travel plan in the 5MP Recreation Area. Most likely (I don't/can't know the specifics) this will eliminate all of the open travel areas and move all of the legal travel to "designated" routes only. The problem is the fact that the last actual inventory that the BLM has of the area is several (if not more) years old and likely doesn't include our definition of trails (meaning they did NOT include all of the trails in the area). We are working to resolve this issue before it becomes an actual issue. They are not done with the inventory & planning process, and they are still aways from having a public comment period (so please don't send them mail/email YET ;)). I just received a copy of the existing route inventory from the BLM in the last couple weeks, it is very vague and we are planning a sit down with the BLM to discuss in detail some of the trails in the area (of course including RS/Con).

There are several other major issues that come into play as well... Sunshine Canyon could become a EPA cleanup (such as Manning Canyon to the East). This would mean indefinite closure of some of the roads in the area while they do their thing with the tailings. I don't know if this is in 1 year, or 100 years.. if it ever happens. Another issue is private property... we are wheeling in the remnants of turn of the century mining. Patented mine claims (now land ownerships) have passed off from company to company over the last 100 years and there are MANY patches of private land all over the 5MP area, this effect both the creation of new and the closure of old trails.

I will let you guys know more, when I know more. The BLM is just picking up the work of a past employee (transfered to Cedar City) on the travel plan planning, so they have a bunch of stuff to sort through in the meantime. The employee in charge of the project has worked with U4WDA over the past couple years on car removals (including the Rodeo on Constrictor) and other cleanups, she knows we are good beans...

That being said... lets plan a cleanup... it doesn't have to be just RS/Con, mabey the surrounding canyons. The BLM would be glad to have any help!