Uinta Single Track Council

anderson750

I'm working on it Rose
There is a group of us who are working with the FS to put together an official Council for the Uinta NF. Within the Uinta NF lies an incredible single track system that needs to be protected from closure. This includes trails in AF Canyon, Hobble Creek, and more......The best mountain single track in the state. This council would be responsible for working with the FS on identifying, planning and implementing projects.

Anyone interested?

anderson750

I'm working on it Rose
BTT

We are meeting at Rocky Mountain ATV/MC in Payson tomorrow to get this trail council put together. If you are interested, please come.

anderson750

I'm working on it Rose
Last night approximately 25 riders met and formed the Uinta Single Track Council. Individual riders showed, reps from the Firebirds, Sage Riders, Buzzards, UTMA, Rocky Mountain and Motoutah were also present. Nate Hawkins from the Forest Service was present as well as Fred Hayes of the State Parks and Recreation. I was so impressed with the turn out. It was great to see all of the enthusiasm and passion that present at the meeting and the genuine interest in doing our part in the preservation of one of the best single track trail systems we have in the state. Many ideas were present on how to improve the system.
I appreciated Fred Hayes and the comments he made in relation to the Piute ATV Trail Committee and that Arapeen Trail Council.
Thanks to Nate Hawkins. Nate is the trails supervisor for the Spanish Fork District of the Uinta National Forest. I could see his passion for single track. If there is any doubt about his passion, see his blog at http://spanishforktrails.blogspot.com. Here is part of what Nate said on his blog about his work experience last Thursday with the Rocky Mountain Crew.
I spoke with Nate this morning and he was impressed with what was said and done. In fact he commented how he was excited to attend he council meeting in August.
I was impressed on how many present jumped volunteered to sit on the council. Kudos to each one of you and THANK YOU for your commitment and desire. A big THANKS to Rich Black for stepping up to be the chair of the council and to Eric Nelson for being the co-chair. Rich took the list of the members home so I will not be able to post the names of those that volunteered. I hope that Rich will catch this post and report the names.
Thanks to Dan Thomas of Rock Mountain ATV for allowing the use of his conference room for the monthly meetings. It was really great to meet in such a nice facility.
The council’s next meeting will be on August 18 at 7:00 pm at Rocky Mountain.
As you ride the Unita and see any issues or concerns bring them up with the council or a council member to discuss resolution.
The council will be looking for a volunteer project to complete on the system during September. A little bit makes a huge difference. I really believe with what I seen last night, the council is going to make a difference.

Tacoma

Et incurventur ante non
wow. I'd like to attend any meetings after the beginning of October. Please keep me, and all of us, posted on goings-on until then... I'm overseas at teh moment.
Way to go, guys.

anderson750

I'm working on it Rose
wow. I'd like to attend any meetings after the beginning of October. Please keep me, and all of us, posted on goings-on until then... I'm overseas at teh moment.
Way to go, guys.

Since this has to do with the mountains, the council will mainly meet between April and October. Kind of hard to accomplish anything in 6 feet of snow.:eek::greg:

anderson750

I'm working on it Rose
If anyone wants to attend the meetings they will be @ RMATV on the third Tuesday of each month @ 7pm. To get to the conference room, you go up the metal staircase on the building that is north of the showroom. Once inside you go through the door in the hallway and the board room is on your left.

Caleb

OK, so I saw mention of the Uinta Single Track Council on MU...do a quick google search to find out more info and woah, check that out...a post on RME! :D So, how do you sign up for the mailing list? Are the meetings still held? Is there a site with more info?

anderson750

I'm working on it Rose
Send me your email and I will get it to the person in charge of communication for the USC. There was a work project last weekend on 5th water that I have been meaning to get a report up here on, but have not had a chance.

Caleb

caleb at macjunk dot net

thanks

I was actually reading about the project on MU and that's where I first saw mention of USC.