Unique Front yard fountain ideas

jeeper

I live my life 1 dumpster at a time
I live in one of those neighborhoods where people put time and effort into their yards.. I don't get it. Many of them have a water fountain of some sorts in the front flower beds. My wife has been asking for a fountain for the past 2 summers, and will be asking again as soon as it warms up. I want to make something unique and with a redneck style thrown in. I have a wind chime made of motorcycle sprockets that gets a lot of attention from visitors, so something along those lines is what I am looking for. I have an entire dirtbike that could be used or cut up as needed. We have talked about having a fountain coming out of a spark plug hole from a motor, using wheels and tires for different levels, etc. Looking for something unique and fun, that won't look completely white-trash.

Some interweb searches for unique garden ideas..

piano fountain.jpgbarrow fountain.jpgbike fountain.jpgtires garden.jpg

BlueWolfFab

Running Behind
If you wanna go full redneck ; plumb a high pressure, high volume pump to the lower outlet on a radiator, plug off the top inlet port, and take off the radiator cap for the fountain to come out of. Feel free to make some kind of nozzle that sits down inside the filler neck of the radiator cap to kind of direct the water into a fountain effect.

jeeper

We have totally talked about a radiator also! I thought it would be a good idea. I had one that we stated playing with, but it was a newer radiator, and didn't give the look we wanted. If we go that route I'll have to buy the right one, but it's in the idea book for sure!

jeeper

Last edited:

jeeper

Iffin we added a jeep grill to it, and had the radiator bubbling out, that would be pretty cool..

something like this!!

http://www.ksl.com/index.php?nid=218&ad=33136813&cat=&lpid=&search=jeep clip&ad_cid=11

^^ That one is sold :(

AirmanWilliams has a CJ grill se vende.

I am thinking I want a full clip.. but if I can't find one, I my just have to go for a grill.. His rainbow colored grill might just work.

a full clip look..
jeep clip.jpg

I would cut the fenders way up towards the grill, but they would help give it a little more of the look I want..

I haven't worked all morning.. to busy thinking about this idea..

Last edited:

jeeper

This happened tonight..

IMG_6699.JPG

Sorry for the lame picture. The guy I picked it up from doesn't know what model or year it came from, but that's not really relevant to my needs.
We are going to do the bubbling radiator in the back of it, and I hope to find a way to stick headlights in, and have them turn on at night.

Cody

Random Quote Generator
Supporting Member
....and here I am turning off the faucet whilst I brush my tooths.

ok, even though I don't agree with this thing in principle, I think the only reasonable thing to do would be to find an old bogger that this gurgling radiator of drought indifference could then turn like a water wheel.

Last edited:

jeeper

....and here I am turning off the faucet whilst I brush my tooths.

ok, even though I don't agree with this thing in principle, I think the only reasonable thing to do would be to find an old bogger that this gurgling radiator of drought indifference could then turn like a water wheel.

I like the bogger idea. I'll see if I can get the bogger to spin a generator, which will power my house electricity. Then I will be more green. ;)

bryson

RME Resident Ninja
Supporting Member
I like the bogger idea. I'll see if I can get the bogger to spin a generator, which will power my house electricity. Then I will be more green. ;)

Just get it to make enough power to run your fountain pump, and you're golden. No need to be too green.;)

jeeper

Not finished.. still want lights and need to hide wires and such.. But, here it is

[video=youtube;vpTKvgzp5q4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vpTKvgzp5q4&feature=youtu.be[/video]

jeeper

I'm on to my next project. I think I am going to need about 300ft of moto chain.. I've got a tall ceiling above my stairs, and this will go great in there!
This isn't mine.. It's what I will copy.

IMG_0721.PNG