Upcoming Poker Run...benefit for a fellow rider's family

Caleb

A good friend of mine's brother recently lost his wife to the battle with cancer. If you're looking for a good time that will benefit their family, please consider attending this run. (see attachment) Saturday July 9th

Paul-Poker-Run.jpg

rockreligious

NoEcoNaziAmmo
Ill be there, Im a sponsor and Ive rode with and been friends with a lot of these guys. and the ride is in my back yard, hope yall can make it, these guys are a blast and its for a great cause.

sixstringsteve

I've never been to an event like this before. Is it just a giant trail ride with tons of people? Are there multiple trails?

rockreligious

NoEcoNaziAmmo
I've never been to an event like this before. Is it just a giant trail ride with tons of people? Are there multiple trails?

The poker rides Ive done in the past is one trail, or canyon or mix of canyon and single track, and with these guys fast pace (veteran desert racers) riding together 5 stops along the way to catch your breath and get dealt a card. this ride is going to be slower pace because there is such a variety of skill level riders participating. there will be a faster pace more technical ride later that evening for those who dont fill that they got pushed hard enough.

sixstringsteve

Would this event be appropriate for novice riders like me? If I'm looking for a fun trail ride on my dirt bike where I can see some new trails and get to know some new people.

Caleb

Steve, I spoke to my buddy, he made a call and found out that they are planning on this being a ride for all age levels and experience levels. They are talking about a 35 mile loop through some really nice country. I don't doubt you'll have no problems. Besides, you'll never get better if you don't do some rides that are over your head :rofl: (atleast that's what I keep telling myself when I find myself over my head :D)

I've never been to a poker run, but two things I've found about most poker runs. 1. People always have a blast at them. 2. They usually try and cater to all skill and age levels.

rholbrook

Besides, you'll never get better if you don't do some rides that are over your head :rofl: (atleast that's what I keep telling myself when I find myself over my head :D)
Over your head, over your handlebars, over backwards. I have witnessed Caleb doing it all. But each time but once he got back up and the time he didn't, he wanted to but we made him stop. Two days later he was able to got get an xray and a cast. Caleb will try anything twice.

I say we carpool down. I am looking at my schedule.

rockreligious

NoEcoNaziAmmo
Would this event be appropriate for novice riders like me? If I'm looking for a fun trail ride on my dirt bike where I can see some new trails and get to know some new people.

Yes, It should be a perfect event for a Novice to learn some new trail to ride and meet new people to ride with. Hope to see you there.

It sounds like the ride will go from Ephraim to Manti and back. It should be fun for all levels of riders. Beside the cash prize for the winner of the best hand there will be lots of cool door prizes. The best part is it for a good cause. Motorcycle riding is one of the only things that has help our buddy deal with all of the things that have been going on. After the ride cycoward from the Miller motorsports park will entertain us with some free style street bike riding.

rockreligious

NoEcoNaziAmmo
It sounds like the ride will go from Ephraim to Manti and back. It should be fun for all levels of riders. Beside the cash prize for the winner of the best hand there will be lots of cool door prizes. The best part is it for a good cause. Motorcycle riding is one of the only things that has help our buddy deal with all of the things that have been going on. After the ride cycoward from the Miller motorsports park will entertain us with some free style street bike riding.

Thanks for posting up Logan, I will also add that it is canyon riding between Ephraim and Manti, cool scenic and semi-technical...should be fun.

sixstringsteve

man, that sounds like a blast. My family was going to plan an AFC run on the 9th, but I think we may have to postpone it for this.

pELYgroso

'Merica
wow, what a blast! I've never ridden so aggressively in my life! That was probably the funnest I've had on a dirtbike! There were 3 waves of riders. The first (I was in this group) did some extra credit loops with some more technical riding. Scott the lead guy, who put the poker run together, is incredibly fast, so it took all we had to keep up with him (or at least try). I definitely pushed my limits and really surprised myself! GREAT day! The Ephraim trail system is amazing!

sixstringsteve

wow, what a blast! I've never ridden so aggressively in my life! That was probably the funnest I've had on a dirtbike! There were 3 waves of riders. The first (I was in this group) did some extra credit loops with some more technical riding. Scott the lead guy, who put the poker run together, is incredibly fast, so it took all we had to keep up with him (or at least try). I definitely pushed my limits and really surprised myself! GREAT day! The Ephraim trail system is amazing!

ok Tyler, you've gotta take me out there and show me the trails once I can handle them. Sounds like a fun time.

rockreligious

NoEcoNaziAmmo
The Poker Ride was a success! I believe the benefit met its goals, and everyone that I talked to had an absolute blast..Thanks to everyone who participated, It was cool meeting some of you guys there, we only rode about half of the Ephraim single track trial system, we might have to do this agian before winter.

Caleb

You could handle them right now! The trails we rode weren't too technical, we were just hauling bee-hind so it made it a challenge for me. We should go!
So Tyler, a guy I work with (the ride was for his brother's family) said he met you there and talked to you about getting a locker for his 14T. Small world. :)