Utah Science Education

mesha

By endurance we conquer
None of the countries that beat us teach all students. Most of them weed students out at a young age so they can train them for hands on jobs. We are required to teach all of them. So, in my book that ranks us even better.

Herzog

somewhat damaged
Admin
ryi5dzJ.jpg

skiboarder

SkiBoarder
None of the countries that beat us teach all students. Most of them weed students out at a young age so they can train them for hands on jobs. We are required to teach all of them. So, in my book that ranks us even better.

true story. We are putting all of our kids scores up against the cream of the crop every where else. That means all of our special needs and resource kids mixed in with our other kids. There is nothing wrong with having special needs kids mixed in. But theses other countries don't have them mixed in.

glockman

I hate Jeep trucks
Having worked with people from all over the globe for the last 7 years in the semiconductor industry I can assure you we are not subpar in math or science in the US.
I actually trained a bunch of people from Singapore a few years ago. Id say the culture and values in Asia actually puts them behind us where innovation is concerned. Blindly following authority is a cultural value in most Asian countries.
The work ethic or lack of one is our biggest problem in the US. We aren't dumb. We're just lazy when compared to other cultures.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free