Utility trailer recommendations?

str8axleguy

Hey guys looking to pick up a 7 x 14 utility trailer to haul my sxs when we camp, have an enclosed but don’t want to pull double with the enclosed. Will be used for when we take the 5th wheel and as a utility doing house and yard projects. What local or locally available brands are best? Would like powder coat and led flush mount lights for durability. I’m in Willard but would make a drive for a good deal or better quality. Been looking on KSL but haven’t went shopping yet.

mbryson

.......a few dollars more
Supporting Member
I have a 16'ish Bubba that I'll be wanting to sell after EJS. It's not wide enough for my full width Jeep. Hit me up if you're interested. I think it'd be perfect for a SXS? (I'm not ready to throw down on a 32-36' trailer yet or I'd offer it up right now)

Not the greatest pic .... but what I have
1648741352635.png

Last edited:

Shawn

Just Hanging Out
Same boat here, bought an Aluma trailer 12x7 from wasatch trailers. Love this trailer, it hold 3 quads or my two seater RZR. Light, can move it around with ease. Take a look at these, work the money.

johngottfredson

Threat Level Midnight
I have a PJ trailer from Wasatch trailers. It’s really nice, all the side rails can unbolt in a pinch for max versatility, it has a cool D-ring system where they can attach anywhere to the side rails, and the tailgate latches are really slick. Mich better than my equivalent Bubbas

str8axleguy

I have a 16'ish Bubba that I'll be wanting to sell after EJS. It's not wide enough for my full width Jeep. Hit me up if you're interested. I think it'd be perfect for a SXS? (I'm not ready to throw down on a 32-36' trailer yet or I'd offer it up right now)

Not the greatest pic .... but what I have
View attachment 147876
I sold my similar car hauler to get my enclosed, I’m really thinking single axle for ease of hooking up behind my camp trailer. The tandems are too heavy to just pick up the tongue (empty of course) and I’m trying to simplify hooking up. I’ll check out the echo and pj was on my list too.

str8axleguy

I also looked at the echo in a little more detail. I’m thinking I will use this trailer for yard work and dump runs so wanting a full deck with sides of some sort. I need to take some time and go look at the quality of the trailers locally available. I found a big Tex that would work well, 7x14 with led lights and a small tool box on the tongue. Straps and a few tools could be stored right on the trailer.

rholbrook

I also looked at the echo in a little more detail. I’m thinking I will use this trailer for yard work and dump runs so wanting a full deck with sides of some sort. I need to take some time and go look at the quality of the trailers locally available. I found a big Tex that would work well, 7x14 with led lights and a small tool box on the tongue. Straps and a few tools could be stored right on the trailer.
You will be making a mistake if you don't reach out to me about trailers. I can get you taken care of if you are looking at new. If its not too late and you already purchased one.

Pike2350

Bringing this back up.

I am in the market for a 7x12 or 7x14 single axle for the same purpose as @str8axleguy. I don't own a SxS yet, but the one I'm leaning towards if I can find a deal on a used is a smaller 4 seater (Teryx4 at only 10' 5" long). My budget is proving to be a little tough since I am hoping for much the same as listed above. LED lights, flush mounted...not the squares hanging off the sides, back ramp, some sides I can put plywood to for yard debris hauling, etc.

@rholbrook PM incoming about the possibility of helping.

rholbrook

Bringing this back up.

I am in the market for a 7x12 or 7x14 single axle for the same purpose as @str8axleguy. I don't own a SxS yet, but the one I'm leaning towards if I can find a deal on a used is a smaller 4 seater (Teryx4 at only 10' 5" long). My budget is proving to be a little tough since I am hoping for much the same as listed above. LED lights, flush mounted...not the squares hanging off the sides, back ramp, some sides I can put plywood to for yard debris hauling, etc.

@rholbrook PM incoming about the possibility of helping.
As bad as I hate to say this, Big Bubba and Work Horse in Ogden can't stand each other and have a price war going on. You are going to pay in the neighborhood of $2200 for a new single axle. The better trailer is a Voyager Echo. They are a couple of hundred dollars more but they are a better trailer.