Vehicle back up cameras

jeeper

I live my life 1 dumpster at a time
I couldn’t find any discussions on back up cameras.
First of all, my old man self says if you can’t back up to your trailer without one, you are dumb.
Also, I really like having one to back up to my trailer.
I was against them, but really they are helpful and I would like to get one on my kids car.

I have noticed a HUGE difference in quality of resolution in different vehicles I’m in. Is that because of the camera itself or the display? My older ford has a camera on the corner or the mirror and it is better than my mothers brand new full screen infinity camera by far.
The one in my f600 is awesome, but one in a rental escape we had was trash.

I see a ton of ads for the wolf box camera. They had way too many options for me to pick one, but I like the idea of a clip on mirror camera. I think they were about $200. Is that good? Bad?

What have you guys used that is a stand alone system for older vehicles?

DAA

Supporting Member
I have one on the LJ. Kenwood brand, hooked up to my Kenwood head unit with HD screen. And it was pretty good for about a week. Then I backed it into a rock and scratched the shit out of the lens and it has sucked ever since.

- DAA

Kevin B.

Not often wrong. Never quite right.
I had a cheap aftermarket camera on the Excursion, it worked great when I could remember to keep the lense clean.

In for reviews on the Wolfbox, I've been thinking about one for the LX but haven't pulled the trigger yet.