Vehicle Registration Land Use Donation?

UNSTUCK

But stuck more often.
I got my registration renewal notice for my car in the mail today. I am given the option of giving a voluntary contribution to an agency noted as: ATV/off highway.

Anyone know where this money would go to? It's either this or "Friends for Sight" or to "Promote Organ Donation". I do need to renew my U4. Maybe that is where I'll give my "extra" money.

Can I Paypal my U4 money? To who?

The $2 goes to USA-ALL minus an administration fee that the state takes out. I believe around $1.60 makes it to USA-ALL

It actually goes into a state fund where qualifying groups can apply for the money. Any 501c3 that is properly tasked and maintains at least one full time employee qualifies. USA-ALL doesn't have a full time employee right now, so they don't immediately qualify. I'm not sure of the schedule for dispersing funds, but it was written into the law.

anderson750

I'm working on it Rose
It actually goes into a state fund where qualifying groups can apply for the money. Any 501c3 that is properly tasked and maintains at least one full time employee qualifies. USA-ALL doesn't have a full time employee right now, so they don't immediately qualify. I'm not sure of the schedule for dispersing funds, but it was written into the law.

Thanks for clarifying. I knew that USA-All was involved with setting up the fund, and I assumed it went to them. My ignorance:ugh:

Thanks for clarifying. I knew that USA-All was involved with setting up the fund, and I assumed it went to them. My ignorance:ugh:

That was the original intent as they were the driving force behind the legislation. But it wasn't likely to pass with USA-ALL listed as the explicit beneficiary. So they changed it to list requirements that very few groups meet. There's not a definition of "full time employee" so I'm sure there's some interpretation that can be used to make USA-ALL continue to qualify. Or I'm sure there are some work-around options available. Regardless, this was a good thing that USA-ALL got done in 2007.