Vehicle renewal cards no longer being sent

DaveB

Long Jeep Fan
We stopped getting vehicle renewal cards in the mail and almost missed one of our rigs registrations. It turns out the state is no longer sending the cards out. They expect you to sign up for email notices. So this morning I have been entering all of our vehicles. I decided I have way too many vehicles. I did run into a problem with the vehicles that have decals rather than plates, the state website keeps telling me that the numbers I entered don't match their records. And after a few attempts it has locked me out. Have any of you been able to get the decals to work ?

I Lean

Mbryson's hairdresser
Vendor
Yes, but each year I forget. But I have to add a digit to my camper's sticker number when I enter it into the website. (something like C12345 instead of just 12345)
I almost always end up calling to get help, and vowing to remember the next time...

N-Smooth

Smooth Gang Founding Member
I think OHV you need to put in "OR" before the number but alas, like Carlos I just call and have them assist me when I can't figure it out. I've had good luck with calling the DMV to be honest.

Shawn

Just Hanging Out
I have yet to receive an email saying what car need to be registered, and yes I fill out the email portion. I missed three cars/OHV in September.... this kind of suxs

RockChucker

Yea, they did that to save "$500K" per year. Which is gonna be hilarious when they end up spending $500K in advertisements to tell people that they are no longer mailing cards out.
Logic and government don't ever belong in the same sentence. Even though they should.

I switched to emails years ago because I always ended up not having the card for the PIN number when I needed it.