Vinyl cutting

airmanwilliams

I cant find my old thread I started before about this and so here is a new one. I just bought the vinyl cutter/plotter I have been wanting for awhile and so I am excited for it to get here this thursday.

Anyone have tips on local places to buy vinyl from?
Recommend a good forum for some great vinyl cutting insight?
Know of some really good starter videos on operating a vinyl cutter?

Attachments

• $(KGrHqUOKj0E5,vtJom4BOie2UG2Q!~~60_3.JPG
    $(KGrHqUOKj0E5,vtJom4BOie2UG2Q!~~60_3.JPG
    19 KB · Views: 11

Caleb

Which one did you go with? I've been thinking about getting one for a while, but know after the two or three things I have planned for it, it'll probably sit.

D

Deleted member 12904

My wife has had a business doing this for close to a decade now. Local supplies? Regional supply. As far as advise get adobe illustrator learn it use it love it.

Caleb

Well, would anyone be interested in making a little money off me and cutting out some RSL stickers? The sticker shops in the mall won't do it because of the copyright, I understand if you don't want to for the same reason. :) I want the attached image cut out in a couple different sizes and a couple different colors.

mls_real_salt_lake.gif

D

Deleted member 12904

Well, would anyone be interested in making a little money off me and cutting out some RSL stickers? The sticker shops in the mall won't do it because of the copyright, I understand if you don't want to for the same reason. :) I want the attached image cut out in a couple different sizes and a couple different colors.

View attachment 89278

I can hook you up. If they are colors we have I will do it for free.

airmanwilliams

If anyone has a bunch of ai and eps formatted clipart on cd's you would be willing to trade for some led light strips or gauge cluster lights please let me know. I would like to gather alot of clipart for this new cutter.

Coco

We need more RME stickers! *hint hint Greg, or Herzog* :D looks like we got a couple RMErs that can cut 'em?

I know I am going to want some stickers cut for me soon as well if anyone is up to it?

D

Deleted member 12904

I am just using CS4. We might upgrade now that Adobe has changed their licensing to a monthly fee.

D

Deleted member 12904

View attachment 89278

I
I should be able to get these done for you Sunday. We have the colors you wanted

STAG

I have some RME4x4.com stickers from my membership signup, but I have been hesitant to put them on my Hummer because they are white. I know, I'm a pansy. I would be interested in some flat-black ones.

Herzog

somewhat damaged
Admin
We need more RME stickers! *hint hint Greg, or Herzog* :D looks like we got a couple RMErs that can cut 'em?

I know I am going to want some stickers cut for me soon as well if anyone is up to it?

We do prefer that people don't cut them out to sell them... but if you have a good quality source to print your own for personal use in a good high-quality manner (still, no commercial use) I am happy to provide the .EPS files. :) Also - as long as the original logo is not altered in any way either (other than color).

Probably good timing too because I mailed out the last of my stockpile of stickers a couple months ago.

airmanwilliams

I would love the .EPS file for one if you could send it to me. I have been wanting one for the back window of my Sidekick for sometime. Not sure I could cut any for others here for sometime since I just got this cutter yesterday and im going to be learning for awhile.

D

Deleted member 12904

I would love the .EPS file for one if you could send it to me. I have been wanting one for the back window of my Sidekick for sometime. Not sure I could cut any for others here for sometime since I just got this cutter yesterday and im going to be learning for awhile.

That's the nice thing. Do one test cut set it to do as many as you need then walk away while it works for you. The crappy part is weeding and transferring/

airmanwilliams

That's the nice thing. Do one test cut set it to do as many as you need then walk away while it works for you. The crappy part is weeding and transferring/

My shaking is killing my weeding. I did a bunch of yellow ducks for my brother n law this morning and I am just going to have him come over to finish them. I cant figure out how to set it to do multiple little ones across the vinyl yet instead of them cutting one after the other along one side of the vinyl and wasting it. I tried to adjust it to do it but instead of multiple ducks along the width of the vinyl I got one VERY large 21"x20" duck :mad:

Coco

We do prefer that people don't cut them out to sell them... but if you have a good quality source to print your own for personal use in a good high-quality manner (still, no commercial use) I am happy to provide the .EPS files. :) Also - as long as the original logo is not altered in any way either (other than color).

Probably good timing too because I mailed out the last of my stockpile of stickers a couple months ago.

Right, I wasnt meaning to start making them to "rip off" you guys, but to have a supplier to make the stickers :)