Jeep wanting to go long arm but not sure what way to go

so this is what im looking at i have a run of the mill tj with 5.5 inches of lift still short arm .when i get to the work point im going to swap my waste of iron dana 35 and put in a 9 inch . im not sure if i want to stay with the stock suspenshion configuration in the rear or go triangulated and loose the track bar . any advise is welcome and thanks for letting me pick your brains .. ps is a dialy driven for now so its gotta pass johnny laws approval .

benjy

Rarely wrenches
Supporting Member
We'll be selling our suspension and axles this winter... Full traction long arm, rubi 44s with 4.56s and ARBs. I'm in Orem if you wanna swing by and check it out. It's all still on the jeep.

Herzog

somewhat damaged
Admin
thanks man ! how long did it take you to start to finish ? and where idi you get the truss ? did you make it ?

Probably about 6 hours total. I only worked on it a few hours at a time, but it's been a while so I don't really remember how long I spent on it.

The truss was just 2" 0.25 wall square tube that I had laying around. Shaped to fit the differential and good to go.

benjy

Rarely wrenches
Supporting Member
how much are you looking to sell the whole deal for ?

good question! probably around $4k. Really just depends how much people want off of it. I'm not even sure yet what all is coming off. I know at least the axles, suspension and wheels/tires, and one ton steering setup.

sweet i'll keep it in mind . i'm not sure what im going to do with the front yet i have a hp dana 60 but i dont know if i want to dump the cash into it to make it fit any other advise ?

Devel

Just an Outlaw....
im running basically the same setup on my TJ, 5.5" lift, i built mid arms for my lowers and used tera flex uppers in the rear. its works incredibly well