warning to all: never run a stop sign in New Mexico. EVER.

TurboMinivan

Still plays with cars
http://www.kob.com/article/stories/S3209305.shtml?cat=500#.UnlFBCT0kav

The "highlights" of the article are repeated here:

A review of medical records, police reports and a federal lawsuit show deputies with the Hidalgo County Sheriff's Office, police officers with the City of Deming and medical professionals at the Gila Regional Medical Center made some questionable decisions.

The incident began January 2, 2013 after David Eckert finished shopping at the Wal-Mart in Deming. According to a federal lawsuit, Eckert didn't make a complete stop at a stop sign coming out of the parking lot and was immediately stopped by law enforcement.

Eckert's attorney, Shannon Kennedy, said in an interview with KOB that after law enforcement asked him to step out of the vehicle, he appeared to be clenching his buttocks. Law enforcement thought that was probable cause to suspect that Eckert was hiding narcotics in his anal cavity. While officers detained Eckert, they secured a not-entirely-legal search warrant from a judge that supposedly allowed for an anal cavity search.

The lawsuit claims that Deming Police tried taking Eckert to an emergency room in Deming, but a doctor there refused to perform the anal cavity search citing it was "unethical."

But physicians at the Gila Regional Medical Center in Silver City agreed to perform the procedure and a few hours later, Eckert was admitted.

What Happened

While there, Eckert was subjected to repeated and humiliating forced medical procedures. A review of Eckert's medical records, which he released to KOB, and details in the lawsuit show the following happened, all without Eckert's consent:

1. Eckert's abdominal area was x-rayed; no narcotics were found.
2. Doctors then performed an exam of Eckert's anus with their fingers; no narcotics were found.
3. Doctors performed a second exam of Eckert's anus with their fingers; no narcotics were found.
4. Doctors penetrated Eckert's anus to insert an enema. Eckert was forced to defecate in front of doctors and police officers. Eckert watched as doctors searched his stool. No narcotics were found.
5. Doctors penetrated Eckert's anus to insert an enema a second time. Eckert was again forced to defecate in front of doctors and police officers. Eckert watched as doctors again searched his stool. No narcotics were found.
6. Doctors penetrated Eckert's anus to insert an enema a third time. Eckert was again forced to defecate in front of doctors and police officers. Eckert watched as doctors again searched his stool. No narcotics were found.
7. Doctors then x-rayed Eckert again; no narcotics were found.
8. Doctors prepared Eckert for surgery, sedated him, and then performed a colonoscopy where a scope with a camera was inserted into Eckert's anus, rectum, colon, and large intestines. No narcotics were found.

Months after all this took place, the hospital hasn't been paid by the police... so they are going after Eckert and have threatened to send him to collections if he doesn't pay for the procedures performed on him against his will. (link)

Lest you think any of this is made up, you can read the court document for yourself. (link)

mesha

By endurance we conquer
I have a friend that frequently goes to new mexico and runs stops signs on purpose....makes me wonder...

glockman

I hate Jeep trucks
Now we don't know how this all went down in the hospital room but, it would take somewhere 4-20 officers to hold me down while they illegal searched my rectum. There are some things worth resisting arrest and assaulting an officer for. This is one of them. I wouldn't calmly state my opposition to being raped and hope they listened.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mesha

By endurance we conquer
Now we don't know how this all went down in the hospital room but, it would take somewhere 4-20 officers to hold me down while they illegal searched my rectum. There are some things worth resisting arrest and assaulting an officer for. This is one of them. I wouldn't calmly state my opposition to being raped and hope they listened.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

truth

Troop92

This