WCC/USFS AF Canyon Work Project (7/17/04)

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor
Just rolled in from a great day on the mountain...

We built 80+ feet of buck-board fence to close of illegal trails (mostly ATV-hunter trails)...
We repaired hundreds of feet of broken fence poles...
We picked up 20+ bags of trash...

We had a sweet BBQ @ Tibble Fork

Thanks to all those that came! Pics to come soon...

Special thanks to the USFS for their planning and help... plus seeing a USFS CRF230 with a chainsaw mount on the front is cool... :cool:

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor
Oh yeah... we had some "AF911" action too...

The Forest Rangers were sitting down having lunch with us at Tibble when two girls on a 4-Wheeler drove by... the rangers quickly noticed that the passenger wasn't 18 (must wear a helmet, Utah State Law)... they nicely stopped them and told them not to proceed without a helmet... they decided to try and sneak up any way....

The two rangers unloaded the dirtbike, one hopped on, and were hot on the trail... in a matter of seconds... damn funny to see these guys unload a bike from a trailer, load up in under 20 seconds... :D

Cool :cool:

muleskinner

Whats a "USFS CRF230 with a chainsaw mount"?? At a Dedicated hunter tree clearing this year they had a Bobcat with like a 24" rotory blade on the front :cool:

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor
muleskinner said:
Whats a "USFS CRF230 with a chainsaw mount"?? At a Dedicated hunter tree clearing this year they had a Bobcat with like a 24" rotory blade on the front :cool:

The bobcat would be cool...

I'm referring to the Forest Service's Honda CRF230 dirtbike... it has a custome rack on the front that held a Stihl chainsaw with a 30" bar that ran parrellel to the forks... it was obviously just for transportation... but it looked super cool as it pulled up. He could hall a** too... good rider.

James K

NO, I'm always like this
cruiseroutfit said:
... plus seeing a USFS CRF230 with a chainsaw mount on the front is cool... :cool:

Those bikes are damn cool and the boys can ride.

thanks for making time to do this for those of us who couldn't be there :cool:

Cruiser

look what i can do!!
James K said:
he one of those people that only shows up for the free food :eek: :rofl: :D

i didn't do anything...i only came out with 2 busted fingers....A-holes!

it was an awsome day!
trail trailer can totally haul A$$....kurt is scary! :eek:

after seeing ryans cruiser i'm no longer ashamed to be seen in public with mine! :p

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor
cruiser said:
i didn't do anything...i only came out with 2 busted fingers....A-holes!...

Actually, I must applaud Olly's work... he did pull his own... Thanks again Olly!

We are really getting a good rapore with the Rangers in AF Canyon, finrst name basis and alot of trust... hopefully it continues... :D

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor
cruiser said:
...it was an awsome day!
trail trailer can totally haul A$$....kurt is scary! :eek: ...

Trail Trails has definately proved its worth... only four trips under its belt, but it has already been worth the $$$ invested into her (probably around $600).

This week was the first time I took here on a somewhat rocky/bumpy trail (Forest Lake)... She hung right with is the whole time... a bit of an anchor if its wet, but worth it.