Welding gas

Rock Taco

I ran out of gas last night and need to refill. I know Airgas is in Salt lake and Humphries is down in American Fork. Is there anywhere in the middle closer to me? I'm in Riverton/Herriman.

B2-Bomber

What is your tank labeled with? most won't do another company's tank. If your tank says "Airgas" you have to take it to them, if it says "Praxair" you have to take it to them etc.

I just got more C25 this week from airgas. Tax and everything I was $152.00

Rock Taco

What is your tank labeled with? most won't do another company's tank. If your tank says "Airgas" you have to take it to them, if it says "Praxair" you have to take it to them etc.

I just got more C25 this week from airgas. Tax and everything I was $152.00

Mine doesn't say anything on it. I bought it new. Just trying to find out if there are any shops closer to me.

ricsrx

they most likly will do an exhange for your bottle, then you will be stuck with that provider, I dont know if they will fill your personal bottle...

Rock Taco

Sounds like Humphries it is then.

I figured they would exchange I just wanted to see what my options were before I was married to one or the other.

mesha

By endurance we conquer
I can understand that. I have a backup tank for that reason. Then it doesn't matter if I wait. I can still weld :)

B2-Bomber

I considered a backup tank, but the fact that airgas will swap it so quickly, I couldn't justify the expense. plus my tank is the big one, and it usually lasts me a few months in my garage

mesha

By endurance we conquer
I considered a backup tank, but the fact that airgas will swap it so quickly, I couldn't justify the expense. plus my tank is the big one, and it usually lasts me a few months in my garage

good call. I dint buy another tank. I just use my CO2 tank as a backup. I already had it and the adapter for the regulator was like 17 bucks. Worth it to me. Not everyone though. It seems to me like the gas always runs out on me on a holiday or something when the shop is closed:rolleyes:.