What are you listening to?

Kevin B.

Not often wrong. Never quite right.
Mark Knopfler just released a new version of Going Home (Theme from Local Hero) which features a staggering 52 guitarists! It was made to benefit Teenage Cancer Trust and Teen Cancer America. American's would know the song from the movie, but in the UK the song is best known as the team song for Newcastle United FC.

If you've never heard the original, here it is. Its a total ear worm and I find myself humming or whistling it constantly.

Here is the new version, it is nearly ten minutes long to accommodate all the different artists!

Personally, I prefer the original because it fits the tone of the movie, which if you haven't watched I recommend.

MKs rock rocks, but I love his instrumental stuff too. Everyone but Stephen will laugh but the Princess Bride soundtrack gets a regular spot in my rotation.

Stephen

Who Dares Wins
MKs rock rocks, but I love his instrumental stuff too. Everyone but Stephen will laugh but the Princess Bride soundtrack gets a regular spot in my rotation.
That's a great soundtrack. I listen to it fairly regularly too.
If you haven't listened to the whole soundtrack to Local Hero, you should. It was MK's first foray into film soundtracks and it's excellent.