What do you guys think of this bike?

sixstringsteve

what year is it? I think a wr450 or wr250 would be a great bike for you. THey're more oriented for dirt than street, but they can be great little commuters.

Greg

I run a tight ship... wreck
Admin
What year and him many miles/hours? Looks good far as I can tell, that Supermoto setup is worth around $800 give or take. The bike itself without the Supermoto parts is probably worth around $2500-3000 imo, more if it is a later model.

WR's are good bikes, but they are a bit heavier than some other 450's and they feel like they carry their weight up high, which means they can be tippy in the slow moving, technical riding. They are very reliable, good trail bikes and and don't require an excessive amount of maintenance.

The WR450 is pretty powerful, it will pull the front tire off the ground pretty easy. It's very manageable power though, just be aware that it will go when you rip open the throttle!

I love my '04 WR450 for desert and trail riding, its a fun bike.

jentzschman

He says its comes with dirt tires as well... But ya, I agree. Guess its nice for street, but kind of defeats the purpose of having a dual sport IMO. (have to have the tires changed out if you want to ride to a off road spot)

Caleb

IMO, that's a bit high on the price. My buddy just picked up an 07 (that one is an 05) WR450 that's super clean for $3200. 07 and newer will have the aluminum frame (FWIW). For that 05 I would expect around $2500...maybe even less depending on the actual condition.

Caleb

It's personal preference really. Their weights are almost identical (steel framed WR vs. aluminum). The one downside to the aluminum framed bikes is everything is shoe horned in to that frame. So something simple like pulling the valve cover is a big deal. But that's mostly the case with any aluminum framed 4 stroke.