What is your Favorite Rock Crawler(s)?

Coco

I don't think this counts as general 4x4 discussion, but if it does, and an admin would like to move it, feel free.

I haven't seen or heard of any of these threads in the past, but I am curious. My buggy is getting a rebuild this winter, and I am looking for some inspiration/designs; but also I love to see all the cool and innovative rock crawlers, buggies, etc that are out there. Old, New, it doesn't matter. Post up your favorite rigs!

When I was a kid, I loved this Toyota Truggy. I remember when I first saw it in Peterson's Magazine, it was the coolest thing I had seen (being 12-14 YO)

Then Tracy Jordan's Twisted Customs (If I remember right) buggy was another rig I fell in love with.

(I don't think this is Tracy, but same type of buggy)

And probably my all time favorite buggy has to be the Karnivore of Johnny G.

The K2 was awesome as well :D

mbryson

.......a few dollars more
Supporting Member
9b223b2798c8bed79040e968a723678d.jpg

Watching this buggy literally just spank the competition due to design was pretty amazing. I don't LOVE it, but it was AMAZING to watch

http://www.fourwheeler.com/features/0306-4wd-custom-rock-buggy/

0306-4wd-01-z%2bcustom-rock-buggy%2bfront-view.jpg

Last edited:

Coco

Watching this buggy literally just spank the competition due to design was pretty amazing. I don't LOVE it, but it was AMAZING to watch

Tiny, right? That car was awesome. Way ahead of its time as well.

Jesse Haines' new car is by far the definition of perfect to me.

Can't forget Jesse's car. That thing is definitely as close to perfect you will probably ever get. I see almost all, if not all of the unlimited class is probably going to rear steer for sure, and possibly portals.

does his have rear steer?

It does. It is an amazing car. You saw it at Delta I am sure.

RogueJeepr

Here!
When they had the 2004 UROC supercrawl at RMR. The supercrawl champion that year had some yellow tractor axles with a smiley face on em. Cant remember the team name but I dug the "out of the box" thinking.

bryson

RME Resident Ninja
Supporting Member
When they had the 2004 UROC supercrawl at RMR. The supercrawl champion that year had some yellow tractor axles with a smiley face on em. Cant remember the team name but I dug the "out of the box" thinking.

IMG_1545.jpg

Randy Torbett. Cool rig for sure.

ID Bronco

I don't think this counts as general 4x4 discussion, but if it does, and an admin would like to move it, feel free.

I haven't seen or heard of any of these threads in the past, but I am curious. My buggy is getting a rebuild this winter, and I am looking for some inspiration/designs; but also I love to see all the cool and innovative rock crawlers, buggies, etc that are out there. Old, New, it doesn't matter. Post up your favorite rigs!

When I was a kid, I loved this Toyota Truggy. I remember when I first saw it in Peterson's Magazine, it was the coolest thing I had seen (being 12-14 YO)

Then Tracy Jordan's Twisted Customs (If I remember right) buggy was another rig I fell in love with.

(I don't think this is Tracy, but same type of buggy)

And probably my all time favorite buggy has to be the Karnivore of Johnny G.

The K2 was awesome as well :D

I had a poster of the Karnivore, I loved it!

YROC FAB.

BUGGY TIME
Vendor
I Think you guys know my choice haha. I was 15 when it was built. Seen it in crawl mag when i was 16. Got my first 4 wheel drive a week after graduating high school.buggy 008s.jpg

Also what blue wolf said. Jesse has the chassis lines figured out.

Evolved

Less-Known Member
Anything that Jason Paule and the Twisted Customs team makes... I love the old classic straight lines they use. I actually reached out to them to build my chassis and had a few phone conversations with Jason (super nice guy). They were just out too far for my timeline but the price was awesome for the work they do. Hindsight being 20/20 I would have been further ahead if I did have them build it. Ohh well.
826871646_MNZv5-L.jpgTwisted.jpg

Cody

Random Quote Generator
Supporting Member
All the TC buggies are high on my list. Especially the WJ skinned one that Hal had (or has?)
Halfrostbug.jpg

I've also always had a thing for the Fat city Bronco
john3.jpg

As well as the ORD Blazer
Rubiconside.JPG