What tank do I get for the CRF150RB?

rholbrook

At the Firebird Race we borrowed a bigger tank (Clark) for Harrison's bike. During my research I have found that they are made by IMS, Clark and Acerbis.
The Clark we used was okay. Fit was okay, it was yellowing and the vent hose was broken at the base plastic on the cap. It didnt leak during the race so that was good. During his race he only burned 1/2 gal probably. I thought he would burn much more. I want to put a bigger tank for our longer rides we do. He never pitted during the race.

Stock capacity is 1.14 gal
Acerbis capacity is 1.7 gal least expensive base to compare.
IMS capacity is 1.6 gal price diff + $48
Clark capacity is 1.7 gal price diff + $32

All these are in Natural or Clear. If price was no object, what would you get? Do they all yellow over time?

I wasnt going to pit on my race but decided to anyway. I added a little fuel, not much but while I was getting a drink and pounding a bar I thought I would add some fuel. I am glad I did. Last night, I was getting ready to wash my bike and decided to fire it up and go around the block when it ran out of gas. I made it 100 yards. I switched to reserve and came home. I regularly get 70+ miles out of a tank but then I have to realized that I don't push it that hard or atleast do a pit stop for lunch. Can we talk them into lunch stops? Us fat old guys like lunch stops so we can refuel, eat, and get hydrated.

anderson750

I'm working on it Rose
I personally would just get the least expensive of the tanks. I think they all make quality products. As far as lunch stops.......we need to get them to make the young kids stop and let the old guys get ahead.

djgardner

I'd get the least expensive as well...

I didn't get gas at the pit at firebirds (which was foolish because I stopped for goggles), and barely made it in as well...lesson learned...always get gas. As I said in the other thread, I just trail rode the 2nd loop...if I'd of raced it I probably wouldn't have made it back.

rholbrook

I took your advice and got the least expensive one. The Acerbis is really really yellow. It's bugging me pretty bad. I know they eventually may turn yellow but this one bugs me. I may send it back and get the Clark. What say ye?

anderson750

I'm working on it Rose
I did, sent it back yesterday and ordered the Clark. It should be here today I cant remember if I took pictures of the Acerbis. I should have so you can see the differences.
I was buying some parts for my daughters 150 last night and looked at the tanks online. I could see what you were talking about in the pictures.