Where can I get some railroad ties?

Caleb

I need to level my cabin a little so need to stack something 2'-3' to put the bottle jacks on and figured railroad ties would make quick (and sturdy) work of that but I don't know where I can get some. So, any ideas? I'm also open to alternative ways of doing this if anyone has any ideas. Never had to level an entire house :D

jeeper

I live my life 1 dumpster at a time
KSL and home depot both have plenty of ties.

Home depot also has a very large 12x12? pressure treated lumber that I have used in the past.

Caleb

Cool, thanks. I looked at Lowes and didn't anything larger than ~6x6 so I figured Home Depot would probably be the same.

BlueWolfFab

Running Behind
How many do you need? When I bought my house my backyard came with about 60 of the bastards in the name of 'landscaping'. I brought my dumptruck home from work and took about 40 of them to the dump but I still have probably 20.

Caleb

I probably need around 10 of them. Are yours ~8' long? I don't have my trailer and not sure I could get more than a couple at a time in my truck (short bed tundra). Where are you at? I'd be happy to come and take some off your hands for you.

spencurai

Vanilla Gorilla
I don't want to condone theft but in the past when I've needed some...I just go snag some used ones from near railroad tracks. They are all the time replacing them and there seems to always be a pile of old ones sitting around so I just pulled up the trailer and grabbed some. I don't know what the railroad does with the used railroad ties but yeah...