where is a close quick afternoon hiking trail around salt lake?

B2-Bomber

I have been working on getting getting my fat @$$ in shape lately (dropped 37lbs so far since mid-january), my trainer who is isn't from utah wants us to do an afternoon hike in the salt lake area.

where is a good trail that isn't an hour and a half away to do a good hike on?

to be clear i'm still not in great shape, so nothing crazy.

Kevin B.

Not often wrong. Never quite right.
Anywhere along the east side - City Canyon, Emigration, Middle, Big and Little Cottonwood, Corner Canyon, you name it. Lots more up Parleys and around Park City too, I don't know when those are snow free though.

B2-Bomber

any specific trail head locations?

my entire life i have been motorsports oriented, motorcycles, 4wd, quads etc. i honestly think i have hiked recreationally only a handfull of times in my life, i don't even know where most of these trailheads would be.

skiboarder

SkiBoarder
http://www.utah.com/saltlake/hiking.htm

You'll have to forgive me but, I just about passed out when I read this. The next thing you'll say is that you want to start biking.;-)
This is a good smaller snap shot of Black_ZJs site. Click on the more button for the google map of were the trail heads are.
To many chocolate cokes. The green circles are easy enough to take your son with you. He would love it.

Kevin B.

Not often wrong. Never quite right.
Hiking is good for the soul. I don't get to go hiking nearly enough, and my waistband shows it. Let me know when you go, if I'm free I'll join you.

B2-Bomber

i guess i am going to start doing it a lot now, i will definitely hit you up kevin.

my waistband still "shows it", i may be down 37lbs. but i am still a good 15-20lbs overweight if not more.....by june i hope to be at a healthy weight for my height

Caleb

jeep-N-montero

Formerly black_ZJ
What's a chocolate coke? And if you really want to lose weight, combine the Flat Belly Diet and cookbook with the Insanity workout and you WILL meet your weight goal. My sister in law as well as my wife both have done this and lost 3 pant sizes in less than 4 months(wife went from a size 11 to an 8). I didn't do Insanity with her but feel much healthier overall just eating healthier food, although I will be doing the Hip-hop abs workout starting next week. I can count on one hand how many times a year I drink soda and we very rarely eat fast food, eliminating those 2 things will make a HUGE difference in your overall health. We eat at home 90% of the time and cook from scratch using mostly organic products, then have healthy leftovers for our lunches. It takes a bit more time and preparation, but it saves both money and inches.

B2-Bomber

i meet with my trainer 4x a week, total lifestyle readjustment, i've averaged 2.7lbs/week any more than that is dangerous, i am on the right track

B2-Bomber

What's a chocolate coke?

exactly what it sounds like, a coke with chocolate syrup instead of cherry syrup, or vanilla syrup

this was taken on the bell canyon trail about 2 hrs. ago. thanks guys for the reccomendation. it was exactly what i was looking for
8AAE77D4-orig_zps5272677f.jpg

Caleb

There's another trailhead south a little ways of the Bell Canyon parking lot that's called Rocky Mouth Trail that just recently opened up as well (if you're looking for something in addition to Bell Canyon).

EDIT: looks like frieed beat me to it :D

Houndoc

little further to drive, but fun trails in the Stansbury range west of Granstville. They also can be steeper and a bit of a challenge. I have also wanted to do some of the trains on Antelope Island.

frieed

Jeepless in Draper
Supporting Member
exactly what it sounds like, a coke with chocolate syrup instead of cherry syrup, or vanilla syrup

this was taken on the bell canyon trail about 2 hrs. ago. thanks guys for the reccomendation. it was exactly what i was looking for

did you park on Little Cottonwood or on Wasatch?
The path up from Cottonwood is much easier than from the Wasatch side.