Where my detectors at??

BlackSheep

baaaaaaaaaad to the bone
Supporting Member
Spent some time today tracing out a boundary line and searching for another pin. The target was the far back corner - the eastern pin. I hadn’t found it by the time it started snowing. I headed back towards the road figuring I’d call it a day. By the time I got to the road it had stopped snowing so I decided to measure the frontage along the road. Glad I did as it took me only a few minutes to find that western pin. So, 2 down, 2 to go.
029E7E3D-77C7-41C4-B76B-7FCD0F667105.jpeg

BlackSheep

baaaaaaaaaad to the bone
Supporting Member
I’ve now located all four corner posts at the property I’m purchasing. Pretty stoked about that, the metal detector actually worked out amazing! I had a friend up there today so I was looking again for that pin I left without finding the other day. While I was searching in the area I had marked, he went back to the pin at the road and traced out the azimuth. His result was a bit further north from mine so I started working the detector between my result and his result.

Because of that, we actually found a mail which is an intermediate point between the boundary posts!

From there we took a bearing and found another nail. With those two points, it became easy to finally locate the corner post!
DBFA1E36-0BDE-4C68-A042-0B225D9E0DC9.jpeg

Now that we had the post and part of the line towards the final missing post, it was easy and we practically stumbled on the fourth post!
A307698A-F546-4798-9BD0-A26E39DF2B11.jpeg

Technically, one of the road posts I previously found was not the correct post even though it was the correct distance from the other road post. Anyway, by taking bearings from the two back posts we realized my error and found the correct fourth post. I’m very excited about that!