where to find guns?

airmanwilliams

Ok guys I have been out of the loop since ksl got rid of their guns section. What websites are up now? I have seen utahguns.com but am sure there are a few others.

skeptic

I've never bought a gun anywhere other than a store. To be honest I've never bought a used gun, but if I did I'd want to buy one at a gun store with a range so I could shoot it first. I know, paranoid, a good deal on a gun that needs minor work is still a good deal. Just a little quirk of mine I guess.

D

Deleted member 12904

Ok guys I have been out of the loop since ksl got rid of their guns section. What websites are up now? I have seen utahguns.com but am sure there are a few others.

What kind of gun are you looking for? I ask because for example an AR 15 right now can be had as cheap or cheaper new than in the used market. Same thing with a lot of rifles and hand guns. I only found about this guy this year and have only picked up two guns from him but he is my new go to source. http://www.tooelegunshop.com/
Im not sure if he is still around but I used to buy a lot of guns from Norm at Van Wagenen In orem and also a lady named Diane her shop was named tight group but it is gone now I'm not sure if she moved or shut down.

airmanwilliams

I am not set on really buying a gun until I can get a good safe or talk to my uncle about storing them at his place. I am thinking of looking for a sporterized Mauser, hipoint carbines, or maybe a nagant I can customize. I have been tossing the idea of getting a nagant recently and customizing it with an Archangel stock, timney trigger, promag 10 round magazine, and maybe a few other adds.

D

Deleted member 12904

I use a full gun safe and also believe in them but the nice thing about bolt guns like the nagant is you can get a small safe like this http://www.harborfreight.com/037-cubic-ft-electronic-digital-safe-93575.html and store the bolt in it when not in use. It wont protect anyone from stealing your useless gun but the gun will be useless without the bolt.

Also this is just my opinion so take it for what its worth but I wouldnt invest much money into a mosin nagant. I would how ever highly recommend owning one. They are Inexpensive and very fun to shoot. Plus the history in those rifles is just cool and I hate to see them changed into something modern looking. If you want to own a modern sniper looking rifle start with a remington 700 or a savage. I love some tacticool guns myself but I have a honest love for classic firearms also.