Where to get a helmet

N-Smooth

Smooth Gang Founding Member
So I need to get a helmet for OSRC and whatever other events I might participate in. It does need to be open-faced (I already have a full motorcycle helmet) and DOT approved. I'm going to run by Wright's just because I know where they are and I can price them out there. My head is huge, like 8" hat huge so buying helmets is hard.

Any input would be great!

N-Smooth

I tried that before OSRC this year. Got an XXL helmet that was supposed to fit me and it sat on the top of my head like a yamaka. I need to at least try one on and then see if Amazon has one for cheaper.

Thanks for your typical useless comment though... :)

amazon, they have all sorts of stuff for freaks like you

skippy

Pretend Fabricator
I tried that before OSRC this year. Got an XXL helmet that was supposed to fit me and it sat on the top of my head like a yamaka. I need to at least try one on and then see if Amazon has one for cheaper.

Thanks for your typical useless comment though... :)

According to the google a size 8 hat is 25" circumferance..... you sir have a giant head!

nnnnnate

Supporting Member
There is a shop in draper called Cycle Gear. I bought some stuff from them a while back and I seem to remember that they had a decent selection. They are off 11400 S. and just south east of state street.

N-Smooth

Thanks for the suggestion. Stopped by wright's and got one. Pretty nice, flat black half-helmet for a whopping $54.95

I was expecting to spend a couple hundred at least so this is nice. I'll probably buy an axel offroad trail helmet too.

N-Smooth

That's good to know since I would prefer to try one of the axel helmets on before ordering one