General Tech Who does axle setups in Utah?

eprobe

Dear friends;

I need to install 3.31 gears in my Dana 44 in my CJ-5 Heep. That's r and p, case, bearings, the whole shebang.

AAMPCO in Provo wants $270. Anybody know someone who'll do it for less $$?

I'm in Mt. Pleasant. That's near the center of Utah. I'll drive as far as N. Salt Lake, Delta or Cedar City.

Thanks, all!

Bear T

Tacoma free since '93
That's a pretty fair price.

Sexton Offroad, Kamas.
6 States in Orem, or SLC
4Wheelparts in SLC
Ben Hanks Racing, Sandy

There are more, but those are the best for quality work.

skippy

Pretend Fabricator
If you have access to a bearing puller and a dial indicator do them yourself i have the randis ring and pinion bearing puller and it works great

eprobe

I like Radjeeper and I've bought parts from him before but I can't afford $350 to stuff these gears in.

Also, I've heard doing the gears yourself invites bad karma.

skippy

Pretend Fabricator
I have done quite a few sets in my own rigs I build differentials for Big Loaders and dump trucks on a daily basis there a little different but same basic set-up if you wanna bring it up to Tooele PM me

iamsparticus

Take your Rig to the Edge
I set up both my front and rear gears as well as other peoples with zero problems, and 1000's of miles later still no problems. You could do as skippy said get a dial indiactor and gear paint and do it your self. everyone is scared to try but the people that do gear installs had to start somewhere.
That said if your not up to it the radjeeper is very good and he may not be the cheapest, i don't know, but i work there part time and the guy who does gears is very good and experienced