who to go to to build up a Turbo 400 trans

SundancKid

Where's the "e"?
I need my TH400 transmission built to handle the torque of the big block engine I'm building (around 600 ft/lbs).

At a minimum I want a 34 element sprag, a perfomance valve body, all the bearings, clutches and bands upgraded.

Who in or around the Ogden area do you recomend?

Thanks for any advice.

Greg

I run a tight ship... wreck
Admin
:ugh: yourself lol

I found their website http://www.goprtc.com/

I believe you & I have had this discussion before... I wouldn't ever go to Gary at PRTC again. Yes, I have had work done there... yes, I got raked over the coals, was charged 3x the amount quoted and the work took over 4 months to do. Anytime someone recommends them, I have to disagree with that recommendation.

crazyyo

take it to the guys at action trans in provo they do good work i think there on 3ed south and 4th west ........

SundancKid

Where's the "e"?
Is this J&G's info?

J&G Transmission
4782 S 500 W
Murray, UT 84123-3617
County: Salt Lake
Phone: (801) 262-2321

Any first hand experiences?

Kiel

Formerly WJ ZUK
Is this J&G's info?

J&G Transmission
4782 S 500 W
Murray, UT 84123-3617
County: Salt Lake
Phone: (801) 262-2321

Any first hand experiences?

Yep thats them, I have dealt with them through work and they have been great. They do good work for the money and I know that a least a couple people here have used them for their 400's. I think Shawn and Tacoma:confused:

Tacoma

Et incurventur ante non
I haven't used them yet.... but Jimmy? spent some time on the phone talking me out of about $800 in TH475 parts he convinced me I wouldn't need. That said a lot to me, since they're not any harder to put in. Who saves a guy that much money? So I was impressed. And Carl and Von haven't lied to me yet, that I know. :)

The TH400 does seem pretty easy to rebuild. I may go that way, now that I have spares to toy with.

SundancKid

Where's the "e"?
I might rebuild it myself.

I ordered a Transgo shift kit and I'm looking for a 34 element sprag. Does anyone have any recomendations for other parts I need to make this trans stronger?

I figure if I supply all the parts it should be cheaper to rebuild if I go that route. I also want to know that quality parts are going into the trans.