Why do we ride? (dual sports & dirt bikes)

Greg

I run a tight ship... wreck
Admin
I shared this video on Facebook, but thought it deserved a larger audience... I love it! Great way to sum up why we do what we do. The emotion, adrenaline, skill and chance... all wrapped up to answer the question, Why do we ride?

Not bad for a bunch of Aussies! :D

[video=youtube;Zt-O77QZ7LQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zt-O77QZ7LQ[/video]

Rot Box

Diesel and Dust
Supporting Member
Love it! :cool:

Dirtbiking is the only thing I have ever done that can bring out every emotion and the extremes of them all. I was thinking about it at Sand Mountain over month ago... I was riding my battle ship (WR) on some small dunes and seriously giggling and laughing out loud to myself because I was having so much fun. I felt like a little kid again! There's the adrenaline rush when trying to climb "dirty head" (local hilclimb) on the CR500. Just attempting the climb is a huge challenge so making the whole climb and looking down from the top is very rewarding and satisfying! Riding a million miles from anyone in the West desert brings out a whole new meaning to solitude. And a day on the trail with some old or new friends is always a good time too.

...Then there's dumping every dime you have into a neglected rare, oddball, no resale value Husqvarna... Finally getting everything sorted and back together after spending way too much time and money. Take it out for the first ride and have one of the cam sprocket bolts come loose and destroy the head and fill the bottom end with metal after 15 min in the saddle :freak: YES!!!!

That said some of my best memories were on a dirt bike. I wouldn't trade if for anything in the world :D

ChestonScout

opinions are like Jeeps..
Thats interesting to think about Strat.....It USED to do it for me to.

After 2 bad knees and lift prices that require a mortgage.......Im done.

Maybe thats why I ride now