Wild Lands DE-FUNDED! (for now...)

ret32

Per ARRA-Access legislative update out this afternoon. Wild Lands is dead for the rest of the current fiscal year!

The CR legislation for Fiscal Year 2011 includes a provision that limits the use of funds for the Department of Interior (DOI) to “implement, administer, or enforce” Secretarial Order 3310 (also known as the "Wild Lands" policy). This means that DOI cannot implement its Wild Lands Initiative in Fiscal Year 2011, which ends on September 30th 2011. This will give valuable time to key Congressional leaders to permanently stop Secretarial Order 3310.

per email from ARRA-Access. I can't find anything on their site to link to.

Looks like USA-ALL is on it as well, nothing on their website either, just email.
We wanted to quickly inform you that the BLM will receive no funding from Congress to implement secretarial order 3310 (Wildlands Policy). We confirmed this today with phone calls to Rep Bishop and Sen Hatch. Both of which were instrumental in placing the rider in the Continuing Resolution (FY2011 Budget Bill).

Last edited:

anderson750

I'm working on it Rose
That is great news......its not the end game as far as wildlands is concerned, but it is definately a road block. I still think our biggest threat is the Antiquities Act.

jackjoh

Jack - KC6NAR
Supporting Member
It looks like our letters and emails are working but we can not afford to stop as this only lasts until September.

SEC. 1769. For the fiscal year ending September 30,

2011, none of the funds made available by this division

or any other Act may be used to implement, administer,

or enforce Secretarial Order No. 3310 issued by the Secretary of the Interior on December 22, 2010.