Winter Park, CO

Cascadia

Undecided
Anybody know anything about this place? My wifes family and us are heading up there tomorrow through next Saturday. I plan on taking my mountain bike but I'm wondering if there are any trails my '13 Tundra can go explore or if there are any trails that I can take my ktm on? Looking for things I can do to get away from the in laws for a bit. :eek:

Greg

I run a tight ship... wreck
Admin
Friggin' awesome area, I've spent a good deal of time up there working. The ski area has some killer mountain bike trails, there are dirt roads all over the area for exploring... and I'm sure there is riding, but I don't really know where to send you. Best bet is to find a map and check out roads that look interesting. Perhaps call a power sports place about the trails... I know there's a shop in Fraser, right outside of Winter Park.

Fishing the rivers & creeks is prime up there, I've caught plenty. Make sure you know the rules regarding fishing, you're at the headwaters of the Colorado River up there and there are very strict rules regarding bait, catch and release, etc.

One thing you really should do, grive to Granby and head up into the Rocky Mountain Nat. Park... bring your camera! You'll see some massive Elk, Moose, Big Horn Sheep, etc... there's a ton of wildlife up there. The highest paved road in the US is also up there. Bring a jacket, it will be cold!

Here's some 4x4 trail ideas.... go to Trail Damage, look around Fraser... there are several in the area. - http://www.traildamage.com/google_colorado.php

I already mentioned it, but... It's COLD up there... I was working up there in July, several years ago... and I had to scrape ice off my car in the morning. :eek:

Cascadia

Undecided
Sweet. Wouldn't mind getting up into the cold. It's been so dang hot framing every day this summer, I need a break from it. Sounds like I also need to take my fly rod. I haven't fished in a while. Thanks Greg.

gahi

I lived there until I moved here. Are you staying in the town of Winter Park? Tons of dirt biking around, and a lot of logging roads to drive. Head up Rollins Pass for sure (in the truck or dirt bike) its an out and back type thing because its closed at the top.

gahi

15 Miles each way. There are side roads to check out too. One will take you down the valley to Tabernash.

Cascadia

Undecided
I lived there until I moved here. Are you staying in the town of Winter Park? Tons of dirt biking around, and a lot of logging roads to drive. Head up Rollins Pass for sure (in the truck or dirt bike) its an out and back type thing because its closed at the top.
I can't find Rollins pass in the benchmark atlas. How do I find or get to it?

gahi

Its across from the ski area and towards town a half mile or so. on the east side of 40 south of the bridge over the Fraser River. Also known as Corona Pass.

Last edited: