would someone be wiling to help me with ball joint and tie rod exchange???

TROKITA

I was wondering if by any chance who has a first gen Tacoma and has bought MOOG ball joints and tie rod ends at O'Reilly's auto parts can help me. i bought some moog ball joints there and tie rods awhile ago and its time to change them, but for some odd reason they dont have the info that i bought them so i cant exchange them for new ones :( i remember that it was a noob that did the checkout, and i never seem him again so im pretty sure he doesn't work there anymore.
all of MOOG's parts like ball joints and tie rod ends are lifetime warranty at O'reilly's but they need proof that you bought them there. Sense theres no proof they wont exchange them.

So i was wondering if i can barrow someones phone number so they can type it in and so i can get some new ones, sounds sneaky but i don't think its fair that i bought them so i can exchange them and not being able to do so.

so whoever willing to help me out PM me your number. i would only use it this one time. thanks

TROKITA

Sounds kinda fishy to me, Take them to another store maybe you'll get lucky and find another noob, noob.
theres not that many shops here in the valley that carry MOOG and not alot of shops have the same policy, and even if they did they would still want some proof of purchase, O'reilly is one of the bigger company's all around and most likely someone might of bought them there.

TROKITA

eric (864runner) works at autozone. i wonder if he can help you out.
autozone doesn't carry MOOG "/ and there ball joints it what caused me to replace the whole front end the ball joint broke on the road with only having it on there for a couple months of installing them :(

TROKITA

oops, I read wrong. I thought you got them at autozone, not O'Rilely.

So you've broken 2 sets of ball joints now?
no just one unless your talking about broken as in wearing them out, i need to replace them cause there ripped, ive been going up AF canyon every weekend for the past month in a half and hitting trail after trail, and driving around town like crazy

rholbrook

Someone didnt want to look your purchase history up on the old system. They have done it for me in the past. Ask if the manager will look it up for you.

sixstringsteve

If you do end up having to buy new ones, I highly recommend getting factory Toyota ones. about $65 per ball joint, $45 for outer TRE, not sure on inner.

TROKITA

If you do end up having to buy new ones, I highly recommend getting factory Toyota ones. about $65 per ball joint, $45 for outer TRE, not sure on inner.
true and that's at a toy dealer right??? not too bad in the price, i just like how moogs is life time, 10 bucks more but its worth it, and its not hard to change them, takes me longer to take of the wheel then changing the ball joint.
wouldn't hurt me to replace them every year or less and have fresh ball joints, tie rods until they are bad that i have to replace, but thats because you need to take them too get an aliment after.

sLcREX

Formerly Maldito X
Did you buy them as O'Reilly or checker? On the shout out thread someone said they couldn't fins their warranty for parts but the counter rep went above it and found the warranty under the Checker name or something along the lines. Maybe u just gotta try with the right representative to find your warranty.