Wounded Warrior Service Project

Jinx

when in doubt, upgrade!
Hey Everyone,
I am not sure if this is ok with Greg and Shane and if its not, feel free to pull it. I just thought this was a good cause and the RME family is likely to want to help out.

This kind of all starts with a trip to New Mexico back in August to help Joe and RJ Brown take a group of Wounded Warrior Veterans on a Extreme Adventure weekend. My buddy, Clay Egan, enlisted me to give him a hand showing some deserving guys the rocks of North East New Mexico. I have been meaning to do a trip report but just haven't got that far.

Anyways we put my scrambler and Clay's buggy on the big trailer and spent a couple of days with some pretty amazing people. The kind of people who have given almost everything they can for what they believe in and expect nothing in return. In addition to that, they were far and beyond more than grateful for any little thing or service we could/did provide for them.

Fast Forward to just this week. I get a call from Clay and he, with the help of some of the others involved in that weekend, are doing something a little extra for one of the vets.

Here is the email I received from Clay explaining what he is up to.

Dear friends and Family,

We are doing a local fundraiser for a WOUNDED WARRIOR that I met back in August, in Farmington, NM at the Wounded Warrior Charity event that I was involved in. She was in Afghanistan when her Hum V got hit with an RPG. Her neck was fractured but not paralyzed. She still has shrapnel in her neck, suffers from PTSD (post-traumatic stress disorder), TBI (traumatic brain injury) and is now disabled. But she had an awesome attitude.

With that being said we are doing a total makeover for her on her Jeep. So far we have a lift kit, fenders and the bumpers taken care of. But we need to raise $2,500 for wheels and tires. That’s where I come in. So I am reaching out to everyone I know, to make this happen. Anything you can donate will help. $100, $50 or even $20 will go a long way. Please help make this awesome dream come true for this Wounded Warrior. You can call me at the shop and donate with a credit card over the phone or stop by with cash or a check. 801-484-1120. Thank you so much for all of your support. LET’S MAKE THIS HAPPEN!

Sincerely,

Clay Egan
The Worlds Most Inspirational *ROCKSTAR*
www.clayeganracing.com

"PUSH THE LIMITS"

MattL

Id be happy to help donate.
Id also like to see the status of the "build" as well as a follow up of a use actions shots.

Id also like an email for her so i can send a thank you email.

thanks for posting.

Jinx

when in doubt, upgrade!
Save space for future pics and story,
they gave it to her last night, we did the build yesterday while she was distracted with other stuff.