XBOX 2 vs PS3

Caleb

Every review I have read has said the PS3 spanks the XBox 360. The only area that the XBox nudges out the PS3 is for online and I guess MS has put a huge part of their "budget" into X-Box Live. I know there was just barely a review on news.google.com and on www.macworld.com (both pretty neutral sources that have no interest in either company).

natius

Kill cookies! Make'm pay
"Sony also unveiled the PS3's graphics chip, the RSX "Reality Synthesizer," which is based on Nvidia technology. The RSX is more powerful than two GeForce 6800 Ultra video cards, which would cost roughly $1,000 total if purchased today."

Now that is what I like to hear.

onetuff76

Guard Rail Tester
yeah the PS3 is going to be faster and probably better graphics. MS is making the Xbox 360 as sort of the center of the technology in your house. the new xbox is going to have wireless capabilities so it can link up with your home pc to play music and videos off of it. it can also link up with your ipod to play music off of it. the big benefit of xbox is xbox live. you really get your money's worth out of your games. even if you beat a game you're still playing it two months later online. also with the new xbox your supposed to be able to do video conferencing on live.

Amy

Limited Supply Of Sanity
You all need to start getting into LINEAGE.At least you can make some money off of your character!! ;) :p

nvrstuk

crap, i'm stuck...
I know this is an old post, but now that the PS 3 has been out for a bit, what is the word? I would like a 360, for halo 3.... but is the PS 3 that much better?

Herzog

somewhat damaged
Admin
Sounds to me like neither have been the choice. The Wii has out sold both of them from what I hear...

JoeT

PS3 = BIG BUCKS , XBOX 360 = more reasonable priced unit. Sure the PS3 has it's benefits but no HALO3!:D Pick up a used XboX360 for now and a used PS3 later, same some money.

spencurai

Vanilla Gorilla
I can wait until either comes down a few hundred bucks.

The price puts me off for the PS3

No HDMI or DVI capability for the XBOX pisses me off.

The Wii looks damn fun!

JoeT

I can wait until either comes down a few hundred bucks.

The price puts me off for the PS3

No HDMI or DVI capability for the XBOX pisses me off.

The Wii looks damn fun!

I love hearing about the people chucking their Wii controlers thru their TV's.:rofl: