xj lifts??????????help me!!!!!!!!!!

mbryson

.......a few dollars more
Supporting Member
BigfootXJ said:
I've had no problems with 35 12.5s on a 15-10 steel simulock and stock D30! I havent even upgraded the u-joints! I'm hard on stuff, I've put that 4.0 through the paces. The D30 hasn't broke at all, not even a u-joint. the D35 on the other hand didnt stand a chance. I replaced that with a currie 9". But the mall isnt that hard on the grocery getter!! I like the skinny petal though. Gabe

http://www.rockymountainextreme.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=8701

http://www.rockymountainextreme.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=8702

I carried spare shafts and joints everywhere...........draglink and tie rod too.

xj beef

xj beef
fatwreck said:
Yes. :D

IMG_4844.jpg
THAT JEEP IS RAD WHAT DOES IT HAVE ON IT??

BigfootXJ

xj_punk said:
this is going to sound stupid, but those allterrain looking tires you have are a lot lighter and less abusive on axles than irocs.

The MT/Rs in the garage cant break anything. I drive 95% on the street and cant afford to wear 'em out. So all terrains are on it till I go on the trail. Gabe

P.S thats the good thing about having a tire machine & balancer.

fatwreck

xj beef said:
THAT JEEP IS RAD WHAT DOES IT HAVE ON IT??

Thanks. ;)

You can check out my site for more info (www.projectxj.com), but it basically has an RE 5.5" XD lift, waggy 44 front axle, ford 9" rear, trimmed to fit 35s, BPI bumpers, D&C interior cage, etc.

I'm happy with the axle width, lift height, and 35s for now....we'll see where it all goes from here.

N-Smooth

Smooth Gang Founding Member
BigfootXJ said:
The MT/Rs in the garage cant break anything. I drive 95% on the street and cant afford to wear 'em out. So all terrains are on it till I go on the trail. Gabe

P.S thats the good thing about having a tire machine & balancer.

well yeah, mtrs are light too, but irocs are different

mbryson

Supporting Member
xj beef said:
how do you like your rubicon lift and is it a long arm system. did you really have to chop your fenders out to fit 35s.

Not if you like taller lifts than 6". For 'our' terrain, I prefer 6" or less lift. It also has the benefit of being totally legal according the Utah state lift law. Here's a pic of my old junk. Broke 3 short side shafts and welded up a long side joint before it busted after I went to the 35" tires. I'd stick to 33" if I had it to do over again. Way easier on the D30 and I don't think you lose alot of clearance.

Attachments

• Marc-Rockchucker 1-640.jpg
    Marc-Rockchucker 1-640.jpg
    58.1 KB · Views: 10

mbryson

Supporting Member
I ran a short arm system and thought it rode and flexed fine. {boy, that was before my second 'flop'---long time ago}

Attachments

• HellsRevenge-flex.jpg
    HellsRevenge-flex.jpg
    55.5 KB · Views: 14