Jeep yj half doors??????

gijohn40

too poor to wheel... :(
ok picked up some half doors but the inside latches are missing... after talking to Dennis at Teraflex (who has the same problem), it looks like no one makes the inside latches anymore... he said they ones they sell are not the correct size...

After looking thru many different post and articles I have not even found different part numbers for the different doors... they are all the same one...

So has anyone else come across this? and what was your solution to the problem? Does anyone have some they would like to get rid of? I would love to have functioning door latches!!!

mbryson

.......a few dollars more
Supporting Member
I'd imagine they are common to something in the junkyard? I'd guess something mid-80s GMish? I'm not sure they are the same as the S10 stuff, but it might be worth perusing?

mbryson

Supporting Member
they will lock on their own and stay shut... just have to reach over the door and open from the outside....

Thanks m!

There's an aperature rod that comes loose (or the plastic tab will break). Parts are readily available to make things functional. My drivers side did that exact thing.

jeepspeedtj

from what I have been told those are for the full size doors only... the half doors are different sized....

I guess I am going to have to go take measurements and let everyone know what I found....

I believe that these are the ones that i used on my half door back in the day.

Right in the add it says it is for the half steel door!

mbryson

Supporting Member
from what I have been told those are for the full size doors only... the half doors are different sized....

I guess I am going to have to go take measurements and let everyone know what I found....

I took the panel off the door and found I had a nylon "keeper" (whatever they call those things nowadays) that had broken. I was able to buy a replacement from Napa and haven't had any issues with the door latches since.

neagtea

Supporting Member
Marc is right on this, take the panel off and take a look, It is probably the 15 cent
hesus thingy.
Worst case if the rod is gone make one.

gijohn40

too poor to wheel... :(
ok so I measured the holes in the plastic and found that the ones that Teraflex sells will actually work for me... so I went to a junk yard and just pulled some metal rods out of some of the doors there and will be bending them to my tastes.... pic later when I get it all finished...