Your Pic of The Day

Herzog

somewhat damaged
Admin

Hickey

Burn-barrel enthusiast
Supporting Member
Locked my keys in my work truck, only have the one key. 😬

I found some rusty banding material, made a couple cuts in it and had the door Jimmied open in about 2 minutes. I guess I'm getting rusty! 😁😉

Time to get a 2nd key for the truck!

View attachment 148259
I'm too scared to try that on newer vehicles for fear of setting off a curtain airbag. 😬 Used to do it a lot a with steel banding for crates way back when.

anderson750

I'm working on it Rose
This repair is starting to turn into a “I may as well since I am in here” project. I have been having some issues with the fridge in the motor home and my friend who is a service manager at Camping world directed me toward the gas valve as the possible problem, I went to the local dealership to check on the part. Well it turns out it is hard to find parts for a 17 year old RV fridge. They did have a supplier with the parts but they wanted over $500 for the valve and controller. :oops:

Lucky for me he has a nearly new Dometic sitting in his garage that he had bought for his trailer from his work, but he sold the trailer before installing it. A new 14cuf RV fridge runs between 6-8k and he is selling me this one for what he paid for it.…..1k. Since I am in here and have easy access to the roof and a place to mount a controller, I think I may as well run solar to keep the batterie’s charged

943E9D55-AD80-4094-B135-85438E113693.jpeg

Hickey

Burn-barrel enthusiast
Supporting Member
This repair is starting to turn into a “I may as well since I am in here” project. I have been having some issues with the fridge in the motor home and my friend who is a service manager at Camping world directed me toward the gas valve as the possible problem, I went to the local dealership to check on the part. Well it turns out it is hard to find parts for a 17 year old RV fridge. They did have a supplier with the parts but they wanted over $500 for the valve and controller. :oops:

Lucky for me he has a nearly new Dometic sitting in his garage that he had bought for his trailer from his work, but he sold the trailer before installing it. A new 14cuf RV fridge runs between 6-8k and he is selling me this one for what he paid for it.…..1k. Since I am in here and have easy access to the roof and a place to mount a controller, I think I may as well run solar to keep the batterie’s charged

View attachment 148274
Having had several RV's over the years, I can tell you the fridges have gotten a lot better since my first two RV's.

Two solar panels on my roof will keep my RV fridge running for months without any other power source except the tiny amount of propane they use.

anderson750

I'm working on it Rose
Having had several RV's over the years, I can tell you the fridges have gotten a lot better since my first two RV's.

Two solar panels on my roof will keep my RV fridge running for months without any other power source except the tiny amount of propane they use.
I am sure the new fridges are better…..I just can’t believe how much a new one would have cost if I had to buy one. Lucky my friend had a barely used one sitting around.