Your Pic of The Day

DAA

Frame grabs from some drone video I took a couple days ago.

Rab%20Rip%201_1.1.1.jpg

Rab%20Rip%202_1.1.2.jpg

Rab%20Rip%203_1.2.1.jpg

Rab%20Rip%204_1.2.2.jpg

Rab%20Rip%205_1.2.3.jpg

Rab%20Rip%206_1.3.1.jpg

- DAA

DAA

First Day chukar hunting this year. Almost the dog's last day on earth... he got a little curious about the wild horses that seemed to be a little curious about us.

View attachment 154052View attachment 154053

I found a dead lion once had been stomped literally flat as a pancake by broomtails. No way of knowing if they killed, or just found the dead body and stomped it out of spite. But, dang... It really was something to see, mountain lion spread thin and flat and covered in horse hoof prints.

Also, the most violent thing I have ever witnessed in "nature" was two stallions fighting. Both of them just totally covered in foam and blood. Kicking and biting the shit out of each other. When one finally tried to give up and run away, the winner chased him clear out of sight and I wondered then and now, if the winner didn't catch up and finish the job.

- DAA

Pile of parts

I found a dead lion once had been stomped literally flat as a pancake by broomtails. No way of knowing if they killed, or just found the dead body and stomped it out of spite. But, dang... It really was something to see, mountain lion spread thin and flat and covered in horse hoof prints.

Also, the most violent thing I have ever witnessed in "nature" was two stallions fighting. Both of them just totally covered in foam and blood. Kicking and biting the shit out of each other. When one finally tried to give up and run away, the winner chased him clear out of sight and I wondered then and now, if the winner didn't catch up and finish the job.

- DAA

I watched that dog's life flash before my eyes. I was focused on taking horse pictures when, all of the sudden, he was on his back with that horse stomping. I was far enough away that I couldn't tell if he was taking blows or not but I couldn't hear him yelping. I yelled as she reared up with both front hooves pointed straight down on him. It made her pause just long enough that he rolled over and got out of there. It was a close one and she meant business! I've never had any of my dogs get into horses before but then, I've never had any horses just stand and watch us either. In his younger days, he would have been fast enough to get out of there but at 13, he doesn't quite move as fast.

DAA

Glad for both of you it worked out!

Have had bands come in to predator calls quite a few times. Once, when I was just a kid, they stomped the speaker on my Dad's Johnny Stewart cassette caller.

But I've had the mustangs come in first and run off coyotes a couple times too.

- DAA