General Tech Zip locker - Compressor and air tank help

I'm putting a Zip locker in my vehicle and I need to find the fittings and air lines to hook up the compressor and air tank. I only have one weekend to work on this so I've got to make it count! :D

So here's my idea. Use two cheap masterflow 1050 compressors to fill a 2.5 gallon tank (I don't room for anything larger) that will then feed my locker and also provide air for filling up tires.

Things I have:

- Hose that came with the zip locker
- Switch that came with the zip locker
- Pressure valve that came with the zip locker
- 2.5 gallon cheapy tank that I'll probably have to tap out to make work
- Two Masterflow 1050 compressors (very good little guys for the money).
- 1/8" NPT 85psi-110psi switch

Things I need:

- 60 amp relay that won't burn out being run for up to 20 minutes at a time (when airing up tires).
- Plumbing/hoses to connect the compressors to the air tank
- Possibly some kind of a check valve so the compressors aren't under
constant pressure
-Connector from the tank to air hose that I can run to the zip locker pressure
valve <<<----- This is the one that I'm most worried about
- 1/8" NPT to 1/4" NPT adapter
- Fittings for air hose
-Switch to connect to the relay and turn the compressors on and off
- Power wires for the compressors. Should need no more than 10 ft so I'm thinking 8 gauge?

Any suggestions on both where to find the parts above and on how to connect everything?

Last edited:

Tacoma

Et incurventur ante non
I can't believe that no one helped you w/this yet. :D

For all plumbing/hose/valve/fitting needs, I suggest the following, according to your preference:

Parker
Hose & Rubber
Evco

that should take care of everything non-electrical. Most of the Parker stores I used back east either had the valves I needed for various uses, or knew where I could get them. The switches you could get pretty much anywhere. Not sure about the relay.