05NOV Saturday Wheeling 5mile or AFC

Venture13

Looking at doing some wheeling this Saturday. Had plans to go to MOAB, but the weather will be rather nasty and a long comute with potentially snowy roads.

Have not yet been to 5 mile, heard of snakes and few other trails. Anyone willing to show me around those parts. Also thinking about American fork canyon. Really up for anything...

Like to try some new trails, might have some snow...

mitch 801-719-8140

Venture13

Clean up, eh! Chance to pull a trailer behind the jeep and maybe drag some stuff out. Sounds fun, perhaps I go to forest lake a try for some fishies..

sixstringsteve

There aren't any fish in Forest Lake. Plenty of salamanders though. Forest lake is more like a pond/mud puddle.

Tibble fork has fish in it, and that's just below forest lake. Silver lake has fish in it as well.

Venture13

Hey thanks on the fishing update. I am really still up in the air on Wheeling for Saturday. Kind of want to see how the new gasser F150 tows. I presume the AFC trails are all open?

benjy

Rarely wrenches
Supporting Member
I'd be game for little moab or 5mp on Saturday. Kami's hosting some sort of shower at our house and I've been looking for an excuse to get out of the house. I thought I remember seeing that AFC was closed for the winter from the AF and Provo sides...?

Cascadia

Undecided
I might be up for 5mp. I want to take my new (to me) Tacoma out and see how it does. I'll be taking it pretty easy though cause I don't have any protection yet and don't want to ding up the body. What time are people thinking?

Venture13

I am thinking around 1000L show time, I will get the final details on which place I will be going. I know next weekend there is that clean up for 5 mile. So perhaps I hit that area up next weekend and do American fork canyon or something else this Saturday. Anything up in Logan?

benjy

Rarely wrenches
Supporting Member
Not sure on the validity of this, but it looks like AFC may not be an option...

http://www.rme4x4.com/showthread.php?t=86653

I might be up for 5mp. I want to take my new (to me) Tacoma out and see how it does. I'll be taking it pretty easy though cause I don't have any protection yet and don't want to ding up the body. What time are people thinking?

If we did rattlesnake/constrictor you could leave the taco after rattlesnake and ride along w/ me, I'll be solo.

Last edited:

TEAM FRED

Looking at doing some wheeling this Saturday. Had plans to go to MOAB, but the weather will be rather nasty and a long comute with potentially snowy roads.

Have not yet been to 5 mile, heard of snakes and few other trails. Anyone willing to show me around those parts. Also thinking about American fork canyon. Really up for anything...

Like to try some new trails, might have some snow...

mitch 801-719-8140

P***y!
Weather was great today and some weather will make tommorow even better.

Venture13

Har Har.. Yuppers I am wimping out on moab.. Sometimes work does not comply with hobbies.

Any one up for 5 mile tomorrow morning or have something else exciting going on?

Venture13

1320539563578.jpg

imagejpeg_2_4-1.jpg

imagejpeg_2_3-1.jpg

IMAG0173.jpg

IMAG0174.jpg

IMAG0176.jpg

Last edited:

Venture13

5 mile was a fun trail, to bad I blew my steering box again... Hmm time for a full hydro setup, psc P series pump and single ended ram with the Trail gear orbital valve.. The place is rather clean, shouldn't be to much work next weekend for the clean up. Muddy out there for sure and slippery.