Jeep 06 LJ electrical gremlin HELP!!!

gijohn40

too poor to wheel... :(
so lately my cruse control would engage and about 20 mins into a ride it would cut out... the lights would go out and I could not get it back on... then the other day my air bag lite started to come on and go off when I hit a bump but now its on all the time...
and with the rain the last few days I hit my rear window wiper and nothing.... so I hit the rear window defroster and it came on so it hit it again to turn it off. but I hit the rear wiper again and the defroster came on but the wiper still didn't work....

What do all these have in common? I checked all the fuses and they are all good... I am thinking behind the center console there must be a connector that has a problem...

Has anyone else had this experience? what did you find the problem to be?

thenag

Air bag and cruise go through the clock spring, could be as simple as a loose connection in the steering wheel.

Read up on how to safely disconnect the air bag, I know you have to disconnect the battery but I seem to remember doing another step, so search around before you tear it a part.

poor grounds are a pain to troubleshoot, if that is the issue

good luck

Nathan

1993yj

Is the jeep lifted with a t case drop? On my dads old TJ the t case drop dropped the back of the engine, pinching a bundle of wires causing all sorts of weird issues until we found it.

gijohn40

too poor to wheel... :(
found that the rear wiper was just stuck... got it going.

The horn, cruise control, and air bag are still dead but everything else is ok... wires behind the engine are all good... sooo looking like the clock spring might be the trouble...