1.75” tube clamps? Starlink mini mount ideas.

J-mobzz

My Starlink mini just showed up and I’m brainstorming of ways. I can build a quick attach and quick release mount for it.

This will mainly be used on the Van, allowing me more freedom to be in the places that I want to be and still be able to maintain connection for work.

I’m wondering if anybody knows of an 1.75” tube clamp that has a quick release?

If I can’t come up with anything like that, I’m thinking of maybe doing something like the quick release fire extinguisher style mount you see on roll cages that uses a pin to secure it.

But I’m also open to other ideas. I want to be able to mount this on the ladder on the side of my van.

A picture of the ladder for reference.
IMG_0201.jpeg

J-mobzz

This is the style fire extinguisher mount I’m talking about. It seems like it may be the best option. But this forum has greater minds than mine.

IMG_0203.jpeg

Kevin B.

Not often wrong. Never quite right.
Have you been using Starlink for a while? I'm interested to know what you think. The folks I know who have tried to go remote with it report mixed results, seems like Muskie oversold the bandwidth and it's pretty spotty now?

J-mobzz

Something on a Quickfist was my first thought. But that fire extinguisher mount seems like a good idea too.
That’s a good idea. Something like this.
The cool thing about that would be I could use a little bit longer pipe to mount it on, and I could adjust how high it sits, depending on what I need.

Actually, thinking about that I have like a shovel head that a friend made me years back. That’s on a jack handle that I currently have on some quick fists mounted on the back. I could actually use that as the mounting pole..

J-mobzz

Have you been using Starlink for a while? I'm interested to know what you think. The folks I know who have tried to go remote with it report mixed results, seems like Muskie oversold the bandwidth and it's pretty spotty now?
I haven’t. I’ve been using T-Mobile’s home Internet. And then I have the wilson electronics cell booster. And it works great in places with service. But that’s super limiting on where you can be.