12-8 or 12-9 Big pole

Crinco

They close down Lake Creek Road which is between the two, to only snowmobiles this time of year, but I think you can still go up Center Creek. At least until you get to the Lakecreek Junction up past the Forest service line. A lot of good trail up there for playing on as long as the snow guys stay out of the way( we don't want to run any over!). I don't really know if there is enough snow yet to make it a challenge yet though, but we can take a look at it. Even 6' or 8" of snow can be tough on frozen ground.

T.T.

They close down Lake Creek Road which is between the two, to only snowmobiles this time of year, but I think you can still go up Center Creek. At least until you get to the Lakecreek Junction up past the Forest service line. A lot of good trail up there for playing on as long as the snow guys stay out of the way( we don't want to run any over!). I don't really know if there is enough snow yet to make it a challenge yet though, but we can take a look at it. Even 6' or 8" of snow can be tough on frozen ground.

That's a huge different between 6' and 8"

Bud

'98 ZJ
See, there are benefits of being too heavy to get on the ladder to hang lights!!! I'll call you to come get me "unstuck" so you can get free!!!

I'm out. Apparently this guy named Santa is gonna make a cameo and it's all about the two year old this year.
Post good pics of the trip!

KENNETH !!

Bart

I'm addressing some steering issues I found from the last trip to Moab. I was wondering why I couldn't turn right too much. Found out the drag link tie rod has wobbled out the hole on my upper steering arm. I'm trying to find a way to fix it without buying a new arm. Hopefully I'll have it fixed by then.

Hey Meat, I might have an empty seat going up there if you want to catch a ride. I'll let you know if the stars align on and I get this fixed.

timpanogos

Push to the Peak
Center Creek trail appears to get up to around 9800 ft! Think there'll be enough snow for us? heh heh heh ;)

ya the trail totally tops out at "Bald Peak" which is over 10,000 ... I think there will be plenty of snow .. likely too much to hit the top.

timpanogos

Push to the Peak
Badger stopped by today and we scoped out trailer parking at the beginning of the trail. All good in this department.

There are a few inches of snow in the valley (and trail head). We ran into some kids just loading up snow mobiles. They had been to the top and said there is about 2’ of snow on the top.

Looks like Friday and Saturday will be increasing these numbers – with Sunday being a Slight Chance of snow.

Slight Chance of snow

Trail difficulty should be progressive and linear based on snow depths at about 5500ft to 10k in just a few miles.

Meat_

Banned
Hey Meat, I might have an empty seat going up there if you want to catch a ride. I'll let you know if the stars align on and I get this fixed.

:cool: I won't know if I can go until Saturday night.... I really need to work on Sunday, but if I can't I just as well play :D

T.T.

where's the meeting place going to be? I know where the town is but that's about it. If it snows that bad us valley guys are going to have a good time just getting there!

timpanogos

Push to the Peak
where's the meeting place going to be? I know where the town is but that's about it. If it snows that bad us valley guys are going to have a good time just getting there!

Lets meet at the new Library on 1200 South, about 1 block east of the main drag, North side of the street.

The South most traffic light in town is 1200 south. If coming from SLC turn left at this light. If coming from Provo, go straight through the light.

The Hub and OneStop are on this corner

My cell is 801-473-9153

Last edited:

T.T.

starting to wonder, run the cut boggers with studs or run the fat iroks flat?:confused: Powder ice powder ice? Crap can't have best of both worlds.

Crinco

That's a huge different between 6' and 8"

Yeah, oops :) You know what I ment though ;)

OK, It's snowing like HE!! and we are supposed to get up to 3' (that's Feet this time) of snow by Saturday night in the mountains. Even if we don't get near that much, it will make for a great challenge, but there will be dozens of snowmobiles on the trail. They ALWAYS come out in NUMBERS every time it snows.
This is starting to look like it could be a lot of fun :cool:

I will post up Valley snow levels again later today, we have about 3 or 4inches from this storm so far.

T.T.

Shoot, if it snows the 6 to 12" they are talking about in the valley it'll be fun just trying to get out of here!

Oh we took a vote and staying with the Iroks. Everybodys to lazy swap them out.

PCRubicon

Ok wheres everyone meeting and what time? We have been talking about making a run all week at ths shop. Sounds like a good and most of us are in Heber.