Wanted 12v air compressor

McFate

I've got a Viair 88P I'm not using anymore. It's about 8 years old, but still works pretty good. If you've got $50 and feel like making a drive to Herriman, it's yours. (I've been storing it in an ammo can instead of the carry bag shown in the Amazon link.)

glockman

I hate Jeep trucks
I have the MV50 that @Spork linked. I hot rodded it and it's faster than all the viar compressors I've tested it against. You do need hearing protection to run it though. 🤣.

Kevin B.

Not often wrong. Never quite right.
I have the MV50 that @Spork linked. I hot rodded it and it's faster than all the viar compressors I've tested it against. You do need hearing protection to run it though. 🤣.

Speaking as a guy who's had a couple Viairs now, I'm not surprised. They're quiet, and they're bulletproof, but they do NOT push the air they claim they do.

I'd like to see how your turboMV50 stacks up against an ARB though, because that's what I was gonna go to next...

glockman

I hate Jeep trucks
Speaking as a guy who's had a couple Viairs now, I'm not surprised. They're quiet, and they're bulletproof, but they do NOT push the air they claim they do.

I'd like to see how your turboMV50 stacks up against an ARB though, because that's what I was gonna go to next...
I bought the high output smittybuilt and it will smoke any 12v compressor out there I've seen, including the dual ARB and its under $200. It airs a 37" from 25 to 30 in a out 1.5 minutes if I remember correctly. It's way bigger, heavier and quieter than the MV that just won't die. Time will tell how long it will last.

moab_cj5

Supporting Member
I bought the high output smittybuilt and it will smoke any 12v compressor out there I've seen, including the dual ARB and its under $200. It airs a 37" from 25 to 30 in a out 1.5 minutes if I remember correctly. It's way bigger, heavier and quieter than the MV that just won't die. Time will tell how long it will last.
25 to 30 psi? Is that a typo? My ARB dual will fill a 37" tire from 15 to 30 psi in about 1min 45 sec per tire. If you are only going from 25 to 30 I would expect a much faster rate...

Kevin B.

Not often wrong. Never quite right.

25 to 30 psi? Is that a typo? My ARB dual will fill a 37" tire from 15 to 30 psi in about 1min 45 sec per tire. If you are only going from 25 to 30 I would expect a much faster rate...

YES! Fight fight fight. I want numbers. I wanna see an air compressor drag race. I'll bring the brats.

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin

This one?

SmittyBilt Air Compressor $160

Trate D

I bought the high output smittybuilt and it will smoke any 12v compressor out there I've seen, including the dual ARB and its under $200. It airs a 37" from 25 to 30 in an out 1.5 minutes if I remember correctly. It's way bigger, heavier and quieter than the MV that just won't die. Time will tell how long it will last.
This compressor is very fast. Only used it a handful of times but it has always impressed me. My Jeep has a York set-up so the smittybilt usually rides under the truck seat for a just in case scenario.

Pile of parts

Agreed! I'd like to know more about experience with the SmittyBilt. I'm familiar with the ARB dual and would love to have one but not in the budget right now. My airing up is really only when my tires burp air on the trail and I need to get from 0 to 5-6 psi. So anything that would give me that at a decent rate and on a budget would be great.

Pile of parts

I figured it was a typo.

I'm not 100% sure but I feel like I read the Napa and Smittybuilt were the same. I've slept a few times since so im not certain, but that is stuck in my head.
So I looked up the Napa compressor. If the specs are correct , 300 liters per minute equates to 10.59 cfm. That's more than an ARB twin (and most portable/garage compressors). Reviews are mixed and I'm not sure how big/heavy it is but, it's priced about the same as the Smittybilt that is 5.65 cfm.