14 bolt yoke

Meat_

Banned
You shouldn't just drill the holes and put in ubolts, the ears need to be machined down a bit so that you get more contact area on the cup with the ubolt.

They also have the correct 14bolt straps, which no parts place carries, and it does make a difference-- the right ones have little nubs inside of them and are designed to bolt flat.

Don't believe everything you read on the internets. Gaylon's driveline has the 14bolt straps.

Tacoma

Et incurventur ante non
I don't-- I believe my frustration in finding the right ones after I broke a u-joint in South Carolina. :(

:D

Gaylon's will be getting my business.

edit: the difference I'm talking about is: most of the parts store deals only contact the very top or just a little more of the top of the cap... the GM part contacts it all the way around and bolts flush to the yoke.

Last edited:

ChestonScout

opinions are like Jeeps..
Well............

My straps finally let go this past saturday. U joint was fine. Even kept all the needles in the 2 caps that fell off. Kind of sucked. It was at the Idaho Top Truck Challenge. They broke instantly on the tow test. Buried any chance I had at placing.

Anyhoo.....

I think I am going to go with the u bolt style yoke from six states. That way I can keep my current yoke for a spare. I thought about the 1410 but that will get spendy to change out the ends on my drive shafts as well. They do make a conversion joint but whats the point of that??

i never braek the straps but i break the little ears that hold the caps in. so i welded around the U ware the u-joint sits and ground it out so that cap can sit tight agin. now i have the caps closed in and the straps i just check from time to time.

im still runing a 1310/1350 conversion joint keeps the rear of the 231 from blowing up. but i did manage to twist the drive shaft like a candy cane around 1.5'' or so. looks neet and its my spare now, i guese i need to unstwist it going in reverse:rofl:.
jason.

waynehartwig

www.jeeperman.com
Well............

My straps finally let go this past saturday. U joint was fine. Even kept all the needles in the 2 caps that fell off. Kind of sucked. It was at the Idaho Top Truck Challenge. They broke instantly on the tow test. Buried any chance I had at placing.

Anyhoo.....

I think I am going to go with the u bolt style yoke from six states. That way I can keep my current yoke for a spare. I thought about the 1410 but that will get spendy to change out the ends on my drive shafts as well. They do make a conversion joint but whats the point of that??

I still have the 1330 driveline on the front of my Rubicon, but I use a 1330/1350 combo joint at the axle with no issues yet.

The 1350/1410 combo joint is at least as strong as a 1350. The benifit is you already have the 1410 yoke. So later if you waste a driveline, just have it repaired/built with 1410 stuff....