For Sale *sold* 1980 CJ-7. Trail Rig/Street Cruiser $10k

Cody

Random Quote Generator
Supporting Member
Asking Price
$10000
I present to you today this fine specimen of post war era American made off-road iron.

1980 Jeep CJ7 ~83k miles
Chevy 350 w/ quadrajet carb. New radiator, electric fans (dual), alternator, water pump, steering pump, belts, and battery last year (under 1k miles)
TF904 3 speed Auto
Dana 300 t-case
Front and rear Scout dana 44's. 4.56 gears. Detroit lockers front and rear
New (under 1k miles) 35x12.5r15 BFG MT KM3's
YJ suspension conversion using Rubicon Express extreme duty 4" springs. Spring under. Only 1 trip, under 200 miles on new suspension
Bilstein 5100 shocks (new)
1" body lift
JKS sway bar disconnects (new)
Steering box brace.
Motobilt stubby CJ front bumper (new), after market rear bumper w/ spare tire swingout and cooler/fuel can rack
LED headlights with hi/lo
Fiberglass fenders, YJ flares
Tuffy console w/ aftermarket blue tooth stereo. Some sweet 'byNines in back
Tuffy floor liners front, back, and cargo
Bikini top and hard top
Heat, fan, wipers, horn, blinkers etc all work

Drives straight and pretty nice with the new suspension. Can cruise the highway about 60mph ish, but the transmission has no overdrive. Fully rebuilt some number of years ago and a lot of money was put into it then. The motor swap was pretty clean and the interior/dash is super "cute" as my wife would say.

The bad:
The paint is generally in good shape considering the age. It was repainted when it was restored, but there are some dings and nicks and the rocker panels have dents from the previous owners. I was going to put on some rocker panel protection to cover up the dents...again just didn't get to it. The hard top is tan and is in fine shape. Doesn't seem to leak any water. With some rock sliders and a fresh paint job, this thing would be beautiful.

It does sit about an inch low in the rear with the new suspension and a full tank of gas. I suspect with the hard top it will sag a bit more. Might just need longer shackles or an inch block or something if that rake bugs you. I don't mind how it sits personally.

I'll post more pictures in a day or two when I get it cleaned up and ready for her ball.

You can't afford not to buy this.1000006101.jpg1000006102.jpg1000006103.jpg1000006104.jpg1000006105.jpg1000006106.jpg1000006107.jpg1000001309.jpg

Last edited:

UNSTUCK

But stuck more often.
So close to my first build, 20 years ago. 1983 cj7. I put a 350 TPI/700r4 in it. Scout axles and 35’s. And of course it was red too. I’d love to still have it or even this one.

johngottfredson

Threat Level Midnight
What a cool jeep. Not having enough mechanical skills to locate the carburetor keeps me off the market, but a V8 conversion cj or fj40 is what I’ll be buying when I can afford an on-call mechanic.

That interior/dash is super cute, btw.

Agility Customs

Vendor
What a cool jeep. Not having enough mechanical skills to locate the carburetor keeps me off the market, but a V8 conversion cj or fj40 is what I’ll be buying when I can afford an on-call mechanic.

That interior/dash is super cute, btw.
Swap sniper fuel injection on it for 1200 bucks and never look back