1993 Chevy Cheyenne Single Cab SWB 2wd

NYCEGUY01

Im not getting too carried away here..
If I feel the need to go jump something over a dune I still have the RZR.

Going with Spindles, Upper arms, and coils up front.. Not sure which shocks yet. Something I can re valve to get working like I want.

The rear is getting longer flexier leafs but I dont want to come through the floor quite yet.

A set of Air bumps front and rear most likely if deemed necessary ( Maybe just for bling...lol )

Im gonna see what that gives me before I get carried away with coil overs and a bed and engine cage.

The Front Glass ships tomorrow and that will decide on final ride height.

I want to see how low I can keep the truck while getting full bump and also keeping the tires out of the fenders.
Then Ill set the appropriate rear height. I may have to tub the bed floor and wheel wells to get them under depending on where the front ends up.
Gonna pull the stock bedsides out ( Ive done them 3" in the past ) and see if I can avoid the glass bedsides for now..
The 35's will stuff pretty far under the pulled stock sides.

Of course... If it doesnt work like I am thinking then who knows....

Its only money right ? Ill probably make more...lol

NYCEGUY01

I think they are 4.5" or 5", which now Im rethinking...lol May have to add a little spacer so it looks OK.

Im gonna pull the stock bedsides out and they will cover perfectly.

D

Deleted member 12904

I think they are 4.5" or 5", which now Im rethinking...lol May have to add a little spacer so it looks OK.

Im gonna pull the stock bedsides out and they will cover perfectly.

A 2.5" wheel spacer will definitely make it look better. I ran 3" spacers on the front of a ranger I used to have. A little bro but it's better than having glass that's huge.

IMAG0252.jpg
[/URL]

NYCEGUY01

Hopefully I get the glass sooner than later so I can get them going.

Took it for a drive earlier and the alignment is possibly the worst and most dangerous vehicle Ive ever driven... It pulls back and fourth till you get to 55 or so, then it just grabs and feels like it wants to flip over...

Heading in at 8 tomorrow to get that straightened out then gonna grab a little metal for a new rear bumper and a small light bar for the front.

It needs the gears installed bad... Sluggish is an understatement.

NYCEGUY01

Gears are installed and it drives a ton better.
I was a little worried about going to 4.88's but it drives great and still cruises down the freeway at 80 at only 2500 rpm.

1st Fiberglass company still cant deliver so I cancelled the order and went with some trailer Products fenders as they were in stock.
Should have them by next week.

Will get them on once they arrive and then get the bedsides bulged out.

Still need to mount the 50" light bar and build something for the front HID's.

NYCEGUY01

Made some progress yesterday.

Glass on the front and bedsides pulled.

HID's on front and the LED light bar on the roof.

I made the rear bumper and front light bar out of scrap tubing I had out back.

I bought some spacers but the wide Generals look fine with the new fenders and the pulled bedsides cover just right.

Still taking it easy to try and break in the new gears. It still fells pretty peppy and is fun to drive.

No rubbing issues at all after a bit of trimming. In fact Im pretty sure it will clear 37's.

20161031_114135.jpg20161031_114224.jpg20161031_114156.jpg20161031_114254.jpg

D

Deleted member 12904

Looking Great!!! You should do a framehorn style prerunner front bumper with skid plate. Really love your wheels and tires

NYCEGUY01

Not much to add.

The LED light bar caused a bunch of wind noise so it got pulled back off. The 2 HID's are plenty bright for any needs anyway.
I'll throw it on my motorhome for those night drives as the stock headlights are terrible.

Today I just need to install the extended stainless brake lines I ordered and then just keep putting miles on it so I can change out the fluid in the rear diff.

Its actually quicker now than before. The 4.88's make it pretty fun to drive. It even does better donuts now...lol

Last on the list for now is I still need to round up a wheel and tire for a spare. Gonna hit up the local used tire places tomorrow.

Cascadia

Undecided
My new project. Although not much of a project cause it's all done. 6.0 cammed, tuned, exhaust, intake, built trans, drop spindles and frame notch, stereo system, nice alarm, truck stripped down to just cab for new paint in Lamborghini orange. It's hard to drive a truck with 450 hp and rwd. It's too much fun drifting every corner I see.

Attachments

• IMG_7869.JPG
    IMG_7869.JPG
    920.7 KB · Views: 33
  • IMG_7865.JPG
    IMG_7865.JPG
    836.7 KB · Views: 28
  • IMG_7862.JPG
    IMG_7862.JPG
    825.4 KB · Views: 27
  • IMG_7861.JPG
    IMG_7861.JPG
    806.3 KB · Views: 27

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin
I would have lots of fun in that thing! It's been a long time since I've had a RWD car completely sideways, with the tires screaming!