1997 f250 XL 7.3 stroker

NoTrax

New Wheels Big Trax
Had a few looks at it, and it looks like the tranny might need a rebuild. Whats that cost, so I can negotiate a better price :) Best place in the valley? Reputation first, cost second?

Bart

what is a ballpark on this kind of setup?

Between $1300 and $2000 depending on wheels and other things. There are companies out there like this one that sell the complete kit.
http://www.arrowcraft.com/arrowcraft.php?pageid=products&subpid=catalog&category=1&pagenumber=1

Had a few looks at it, and it looks like the tranny might need a rebuild. Whats that cost, so I can negotiate a better price :) Best place in the valley? Reputation first, cost second?

When I had mine done I used State Transmission in Orem. The guy knows his trannys. I had him use every upgrade available, and got billet parts. It was around $3750.

Milner

formerly "rckcrlr"
Chic's on 3rd West off of 33rd S did mine, and quite a few others I know and all have been happy! Price is up to what you are willing to spend. I say minimum of $2k, but Up to $6K is not unheard of if you use ALL the nifty parts.

NoTrax

New Wheels Big Trax
If I do buy the truck, I think id offer him 4k for it, Not sure what we picked it up for at auction. I will need to finance the rest to rebuild the trans, From what I hear its completly worth it on this truck, mileage (as in longevity) and what not that I have seen people getting with the 7.3's