For Sale - Best Offer 1999 Suburban Solid Axle Kingpin reverse cut 60 - ARB - ABS - Big Block - 85000 miles

PaulsMetalWorks

Reduced: Now parting out or whole 1999 Suburban with solid axle swap

Drivetrain – Currently in the truck so you can see them operate.
Engine 1999 Vortec 454, for C/K trucks 96 thru 98, Some 99’s. 85,000 miles on original motor. Runs fantastic, has had cap, rotor, spark plugs, and wires replaced less than 10,000 miles ago. $1,000 obo.
Transmission 4L80E. 85,000 miles. Works great shifts like new. $800 obo.
Transfer Case 241, manual case. Tougher than the push button cases. Note: that this case has a slip yoke eliminator kit installed. $200 obo.
All 3 together as a package, $1,800

Axles
Front Axle: Dana 60, reverse cut, high pinion, king pins, came from 1990 Ford single rear wheel truck. Then rebuilt, geared at 4.56, ARB Air Locker, knuckles and hubs machined to use ABS tone wheels and sensors for GM ABS systems.
Rear Axle: Full float 14 bolt with 4.56 gears, Detroit Locker, drum brakes, but I have another full float 14 with disc brakes and most the hardware.
$2,500 obo for the set.
Everything Else
Wilderness brand roof rack, with spare tire mount, light mounts, axe/shovel mounts, locking Hi-Lift jack mount, cargo net. $300 obo.
Leather Seats, buckets and both benches, center console, all tan, all the other typical interior parts.
Cobra 75 WX CB
Wheels and tires Weld Wheels, 35” Goodyear MTR tires, 2 extra matching wheels with different offset, planned to use them on an off-road trailer.
Doors, tailgate/glass lift gate. Glass is all good. Hood, radiators, gas tank and pump, bumpers, grill, oversize CIPA extendable mirrors, hitch, brake controller, etc., etc.
Text is best. 801-368-5814 or 801-669-2025

All or Parts.

Want an awesome new rig for Jeep Safari this year?

1999 Chevy Suburban. 85,000 miles. $6,000 obo. Would consider partial trade for running Dodge 1 - ton dually with a 6BT motor, preferably a manual transmission. Also would consider partial trade for older 4 door dodge truck 1980 or earlier of any mechanical shape, but reasonably repairable body and frame.

Fantastic rig. Really hate to sell it. All or part. Solid axle conversion done with a 1990 Ford 1-ton dana 60 reverse cut axle. Machined to support ABS function of truck. ARB Air locker in front axle, Detroit Locker in rear Axle. It has 4.56 gears. This truck has been through Pritchett Canyon and still towed my buddies rig home on my flatbed trailer. It has been a fantastic truck, used as a tow-rig and off-road vehicle. History of illness, divorce, and ongoing health and financial concerns is forcing sale. That said, I'm not desperate so serious inquiries only please.

LT - loaded from the factory - I custom ordered this truck from the factory.
Front Dana 60 Reverse Cut Axle 4.56 gears, ARB Air Locker, ABS tone wheels and sensors.
Full Float 14 rear axle - 4.56 gears, Detroit Locker
Cross over steering with good joints
This truck steers sharper than stock
Has a massive anti-sway bar with links that unbolt for off-road use.
It handles amazingly, corners flatter than stock, truck drives and feels very stable on the road
I have an extra 14 bolt with disk brakes I planned to use to rid truck of the rear drums
Runs 4 inch from Sky Jacker springs which put it about 7 inches of lift
Good exhaust Flowmaster muffler
35" Goodyear MTR tires on 16 inch wheels, tires about half tread.
Weld wheels with 2 extra wheels I planned on using on a off-road trailer for long expeditions
Manual transfer case, 241 with slip yoke elimination kit
Tailgate, not barn doors
Wilderness roof rack with shovel and ax mounts, spare tire mount, light brackets etc.
Leather interior.
Aftermarket Pioneer stereo
Cobra CB
1500 Watt Inverter
Good air compressor, lines run front and back to hook up tire inflation hoses hookups, 6 gallon air tank
Has a dual battery setup
Fuel pump, intake manifold gasket, plugs, wires, distributor cap and rotor, all replaced less than 5,000 miles ago.
Rancho 9000 Shocks
Tow hitch and brake controller
It has large CIPA aftermarket extending mirrors.

Items that need attention:

It needs batteries.

Factory roof rack mounts cracked. I was in the process of repairing them. The have been cut out, new plates welded into place with bolts. I have matching plates that I planned to used to construct the rest of the mounts to work with the wilderness roof rack, so it will need work there to finish mounting the rack. The headliner is out for that repair as well as some of the trim and seat belts that needed to be unbolted to remove the head liner.

Front brake lines are pinched and need to be replaced to restore braking power. The Ford front disc brakes worked so much better than the Chevy the brake balance on skid pad tests is off. I have an axle from a newer Chevy with disc mounts, but hardware will be needed to complete it. I have an extra set of rotors for the front.

Power Steering pump has gotten weak, but still works for the most part. Power steering box output is getting loose and can be fealt in the steering and will need to be replaced at some point.

Some of the power door solenoids need to be replaced.

The wiring for the dual-batteries and compressor could use improvement. It at least needs some minor rework mainly for the compressor and the battery isolator needs to be replaced. I had planned on using a painless wiring dual battery harness to improve it.

A/C needs to be recharged.

Most of the original changes were done by Matt Hornback of Rocky Mountain High 4x4. If you are familiar with him and his work you know it was done well.

If you want work done to it as part of the package I can do that. Or you can do it yourself if you are so inclined.

I can be reached via Email at paul@paulsmetalworks.com - Text and phone at 801-368-5814 personal phone or 801-669-2025 business phone. It is often difficult for me to answer the phone, so contact by text is usually quicker, even if to arrange a phone call time. Truck is located in Orem, UT.

Here are some pictures of her on Poison Spider Mesa/Golden Spike and on Pritchett Canyon.

Attachments

• Jeep Safari On Matt's Camera 014.jpg
    Jeep Safari On Matt's Camera 014.jpg
    187.8 KB · Views: 43
  • crack2.jpg
    crack2.jpg
    443 KB · Views: 49
  • crack3.jpg
    crack3.jpg
    467.5 KB · Views: 46
  • fall1.jpg
    fall1.jpg
    451.8 KB · Views: 46
  • fall3.jpg
    fall3.jpg
    550.8 KB · Views: 44
  • step1.jpg
    step1.jpg
    303.5 KB · Views: 41
  • vee1.jpg
    vee1.jpg
    393.1 KB · Views: 43
  • vee2.jpg
    vee2.jpg
    544.4 KB · Views: 42
  • vee3.jpg
    vee3.jpg
    489.2 KB · Views: 41
  • vee4.jpg
    vee4.jpg
    531.6 KB · Views: 47
Last edited:

johngottfredson

Threat Level Midnight
That's an awesome suburban. I had an 85 lifted and locked, and it was like taking your living room camping. Very cool truck, looks like you had some good memories with it. Good luck.